Chapter 23

Naomi's POV

It's been two days since the rescue mission. It's been busy around the castle.

Abby won't leave her room. Austin has been hospitalized and has been in a coma.

Michael was finally accepted into the Crescent Moon pack as one of our own along with his sister for his bravery in saving the future Queen and King.

Abby turns 16 in three days. My father, King Louis, and my mother, Queen Isabella, want to throw a ball but Abby won't leave her room or talk to anyone besides a few words to me.

I was on her way to her room when Mike stopped me and walked me to the library which had sound proof walls.

"What's up, Mikey?" I asked.

"Nothing much. It's just.. my birthday is coming up and I'm worried." He looked at the ground.

"Why would you be worried? You're gonna be able to find your mate, have tiny little Mikeys, and live happily ever after!" I exclaimed, happy for my best friend. Yet, a small part of me was sad that he would be finding someone else to spend his days with. Also, a VERY small part of me was hoping that his mate was me. Ok... maybe a large part of me was hoping and praying to the moon goddess.

"I know. But some seers lose their ability after finding their mate. I will be useless to the pack then." He responded.

It was rare for a seer to lose their ability of sight. But it does happen.

"No matter what happens, I'll always love you." I hugged him. I didn't want to let go, but I did.

He smiled at me. "Love you too, Nemo."

I laughed and waved to him as I left again for Abby's room.

Once I arrived, I knocked three times before entering after I heard a small "come in"

Abby was on the ground on the side of the bed. I walked over to her, picked her up, and put her on the bed. I didn't understand her sleeping on the floor when she has one of the best beds in the castle. And a very nice room. It was large with two dressers and a walk-in closet stacked with clothes for her. There was also a bathroom and a large window overlooking the forest.

"Abby, it's been three days. You can't keep wasting your life away. You have a mate who needs you. And your birthday is nearing."

My father knew what could happen but let her stay here anyway.

There was a possibility of Abby not turning into a wolf. It's a long story. It begins with a wolf named Stacy. She was my Father's real mate. They met when she turned 16. He already knew she was the one. But they soon married at 18 and moved in together. They had a son who they had named Bradley after Stacy's grandfather. Brad was born early and sadly, did not survive.

Stacy took the news hard. She stopped coming home after work right away and started drinking. She made some friends with the wrong people. Soon, she was pregnant with a baby girl. This girl, was Abby. And also, not my father's. Stacy had an affair with a Vampire. One of the worst crimes is being involved with anyone besides your mate unless rejected. Especially with a vampire, punishment was needed. Because she was my Father's mate, she was granted one wish before being banished and later died.

Her wish was to be granted. Abby was to stay with her Vampire father, unknowing the world of monsters. James would receive great amounts of money from our kingdom for taking care of Abby. My father met Isabella, my mother, years later and they married. Her mate had died before they met so it was legal.

Our witch, Grace, told us that it was for the best that Abby does stay with the Beast, James. We listened and allowed Abby to stay with him. Until now. And that brings us to present time.