Chapter 22

Naomi's POV

"Are you sure this is the place? There's nothing here." I questioned Michael.

"There's magic here." He responded and closed his eyes. When he opened them again, they were pure white. He looked straight ahead and then at me and smiled before stepping out of the car.

He opened my door for me and I stepped out of the car, confused.

He held my hand and we walked ahead. Putting his hand forward, light shot around.

A shield. They cast a spell on the cabin, hiding it from sight. I let go of Michael's hand and hugged him. There's no way I could've saved my sister without my best friend's help. He hugged back and when we split, his eyes were back to its normal, beautiful blue. I stared at them for a bit and he just watched me.

He winked before walked forward through the force field. I followed him. The shit little cabin appeared. Smoke rose up from a fire. No one was around but they were just here. Must be out right now. Perfect timing.

I walked ahead of Mike up to the door before opening it. It was unlocked. We searched the place, finding only broken bottles of beer and whisky until we came across a door leading to the basement. It was locked. Michael helped me kick it down. It was dark and a strong smell came at us.

***Abby's POV***

I started falling asleep.

White flowers everywhere in an open field. A woman stood in front of me. She had black hair and gleaming red eyes that bore holes into me. She smiled wickedly, showing her bright white teeth and fangs. Suddenly, red liquid came pouring from her mouth and she laughed like a crazy person. All the white flowers turned a deep red and the sun was hidden by grey clouds turning the meadow a dark and sinister color.

I woke to the sound of a door hanging open and light shining down the stairs. Austin was still asleep. He became ill on the third day of being here. I worried for his health.

I silently hoped for death to come quick. I don't want to suffer anymore.

I didn't look up as the footsteps came to the cage door. Not just one person. There were two pairs of shoes. Maybe more people want to join in on the fun this time and take their turn with me. Great. Maybe I'll die this time.

"Abigail?" A girl's voice echoed.

My gaze shot to the voice. She gasped and looked ready to cry. I don't know this girl. Maybe she can help. There's a boy with her. He seemed strange but oddly, I felt as if I could trust him. He just had that kind of friendly energy.

"Michael." She said in a serious tone and pointed to the lock.

He started trying to break through it and unlock it. I crawled to Austin and tried to wake him.

"Austin!" I whispered. My voice was dry and raspy. It hurt to talk.

He didn't wake. I made sure he was still breathing.

He is weak but alive. I held his hand and watching the two work their magic. Before I knew it, the door was open. The boy, Michael, carried Austin. He didn't even struggle to lift him up!

Naomi helped me up and practically carried me up the stairs and out the front door. We made it to their car right before a gun went off. We all jumped and turned towards the sound. Their was my father holding a gun. He aimed at me.

I closed my eyes and waiting for the sound of a gun.

All of a sudden, everything went quiet around me. I tuned out everything else. Until the gun shot. The sound rang through my ears. I expected to feel pain. But I didn't. Suddenly, I was jolted back into realty. Naomi was pushing me into the car, making sure I didn't look towards my father. But right before we left, I looked back at him in confusion and gasped.

He laid on the ground, in a pool of his own blood. Lifeless eyes stared at me and a hold through his head had blood flowing out of it like a waterfall.

My father was dead.