Chapter 16

Austin's POV

"Austin, stop right now." My father ordered me.

"I can't Dad! She's been gone for 14 hours. The trackers can't catch her scent anywhere. The spies still haven't gave us anything to work with. We have no clue where she is! And you keep telling me to calm down!" I yelled back, knowing my eyes are still flashing black with anger ever since I found out Abby was gone.

"Austin Welsh, you do not raise your voice at me. You in rage mode is doing nothing for Abby. She is your mate and she can still feel your emotions. Send her warmth and love not fear and anger, son. And when you calm down, come get me in my office and we will start creating a plan." He spoke calmly to me.

I took his word and calmed myself by thinking about her. Her hair, her scent. But it's gone. She's gone. And that's what made me get ticked off again. My wolf urged me out the window to shift. I did as he told me to and let him take complete control over our body.

My wolf ran and ran and I soon succumbed to a deep sleep while my wolf had full control.

2 hours later

I groaned on the forest floor, smiling at the beautiful sky above. Until I remembered why I was here.

She's gone. My one and only true love. The one I was gonna marry and have pups with. The only girl in my entire life and now that I met her, I could never let go of. Our hearts and souls have bonded and they will never release us from this bond we share.

'Travis, where are we?'

'Our mate is close' was his response. He shut off his connection with me and left me in a hurry to find wherever she is. I wanted to yell out for her but I felt like I couldn't. I was in the middle of nowhere. Surrounded by dark trees with their branches swaying in the night casting shadows everywhere. I sniffed the air, searching for anything out of the ordinary. Nothing. Nothing but the smell of the forest.

'Dad?' I tried mind linking him.

No one answered. The mind link wasn't going to work. I was too far away from the pack house. 

I concentrated and mind linked the whole pack, even though I haven't met all of them I was the son of the alpha and, if I tried hard enough, I can reach them.

'Anyone there?!'

'Austin?' A single girl responded. I knew that voice.

It was Rebecca. The first girl I asked to be my girlfriend a month before I met Abby. We broke it off right before she showed up.

'Rebecca?' I responded.

'Yeah. What do you need?' She responded in her normal, Queen bee voice.

Rebecca was the Queen at our school. Still is. With beautiful blonde hair that flowed down her back and striking blue eyes, she was the perfect picture of a Barbie girl. But I couldn't look at her like that. I had a mate and she was the only one I could ever see as beautiful.

I didn't want to ask, but any help is better than no help.

'Where are you?' I asked using my alpha voice so she couldn't lie.

I could tell by the wait that she was trying to keep something from me.

'Rebecca, where are you?!' I screamed using my alpha tone full force.

'I-I'm at a cabin in the woods with some friends.' She responded quickly, her voice sounding scared.

I walked in circles around where I was, trying to smell anything coming from the cabin. Then I got it. A whiff of fire smoke. Without any thought, I raced towards it before I lost it.

A mile of running, I finally reached the cabin. People were scrambling around trying to put out the fire and get rid of anything that smelled. Why? That's a good question. Then I saw Rebecca getting yelled at by an older man.

"I'm sorry. He used the alpha voice on me. I had no choice." Rebecca cried out.

"You are a pathetic excuse of a wolf. You're stupid and useless. Get out of my sights before I make you disappear forever." The man roared back to her.

I had enough. I heard enough. No one talks to my pack members that way.

"Hey, why don't you leave the poor girl alone?" I raised my voice so everyone could hear. That's when they finally noticed me. Everyone turned to look at me. Everyone being three males and two girls, one being Rebecca. Several other wolves came from the cabin and stood in front of the door.

The man who was yelling at Rebecca growled in anger.

"See what you did, girl?! You ruined everything!" He screamed at Rebecca before slapping her across the face so hard she fell to the ground. I couldn't take it anymore. I soared through the air, shifting while in the air. I landed on the ground with a small sound from my feet. My growls were louder than ever.

While I was too focused on the man in front of me, I didn't see the other male one from behind and stick a needle into my skin below my fur. I howled in surprise and pain. Black dots started to cloud my vision. Within a minute I had succumbed to the darkness.