Misunderstanding

3 months later

Shantelle's POV
Joe and I have been married  for 3 months now and I must say that it has been quite the experience. I resigned from my teaching position at Pensacola High School 2 months ago, at Joe's insistence, and have been  trying to adjust to my new role as a housewife. Now don't get me wrong, I don't want for any material possessions or any money. As a matter of fact, immediately after the wedding, Joe opened a bank account for me and as wedding gift, deposited $1.25 million dollars into the account for me to spend on whatever I wanted. I am a frugal person by nature, so the money basically sits in my bank account untouched.

So you're probably wondering what I do as a housewife? Well, I start the day at 6:00am and make a list of what needs to be done for the day, Joe doesn't get up until 8 and let me tell you..he is NOT a morning person. After waking up, I get in the shower and then get dressed. Then I head downstairs and turn the coffeemaker on. As the coffee is brewing, I plan the day's menu—breakfast, lunch and dinner. I make sure that Joe has all of his favorites. Because after all, he is a big man with an equally big appetite. Once I have done that, I start making breakfast. Joe is a meat lover, but doesn't eat pork, so I make sure that he has plenty of turkey sausage and turkey bacon. I also make waffles and eggs too—a real breakfast spread. I do my best to make sure that my husband eats healthy.

As I was setting the table, I hear heavy footsteps shuffling into the kitchen

"Good morning my sweet baby girl", my husband's deep voice rumbled, laced with sleep.

"Good morning big daddy" I say. Even after just waking up with his hair messy, red eyes and dried saliva on the corner of his mouth, in my eyes, he was still the sexiest man alive.

"Smells good in here", Joe said as he sat down at the table.

"You know I made all your favorites". I responded, as a put a steaming cup of coffee in front of him and gave him a kiss on his bearded cheek.

As I kissed him on his cheek, he grabbed me around my waist and pulled me onto his lap.....

"You take such good care of me and that's why I'm so crazy about you." Joe said softly, as he caressed my face with his large hand, gazing deeply in my eyes.

"Aww baby". I said, stroking his beard and meeting his gaze. "I'm just doing what I promised I'd do when we first married and be a good wife to you by performing my wifely duties."

"Goddamn I love you." Joe said, shaking his head as he ate his breakfast.

My face felt warm and I began to blush at my husband's profession of love, as I started to eat my own breakfast.