Moving On-Part 1

The Next Morning.......

When Shantelle woke up, she felt a pair of strong arms around her, holding her possessively. When she turned over, she saw her husband fast asleep on his side facing her. As she studied his face, his hair was fanned around the pillow and he was snoring lightly. When she tried to get up, his grip tightened around her and he began grumbling. She tried moving his arms again and that's when his eyes popped open.

"Where are you going?" Joe asked in a sleep laced voice.

"To the bathroom. What time did you get home?" Shantelle asked, as she got up and went into the bathroom.

"It was late." He replied.

"How late?" She called out.

"Shit....I don't know. It's was late enough."

"Oh. Well what happened?" She asked, after she came back to bed.

"What do you mean what happened? I took care of business that's what happened." Joe said.

"So you're not gonna tell me?" She asked.

"Tell you what? There's nothing to tell. I took care of business and the problem has been solved. So let's move on and drop it." He said.

"I just wanted a few details that's all." Shantelle said meekly.

At that moment, Joe said straight up in bed and addressed his wife.

"Shantelle, I'm gonna say this one time. I took care of business, and we won't have to worry about Darnell anymore. Is that clear? I don't want to discuss this any further so let's just drop the subject OK?" Joe said sternly.

"Fine." She said with an attitude as she turned back over and went to sleep.

"What you mean fine? I don't like that tone woman, so fix it when you talk to me. Understand?" Joe said as he turned his wife over so that she could look in his eyes.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I just said fine. And for the record, don't YOU talk to me like that. I'm your wife, not your child!" She retorted.

"Look...I said what I said. FIX. THAT.TONE.OF.YOURS. OK?!" Joe said with gritted teeth.

At that moment, Shantelle sat up in bed and stared at her husband in shock at his behavior....

"You know what I'm not about to let you stress me out. I'm pregnant, and I don't need this added aggravation. I'm gonna go sleep in another room, and when you get your ass off of your shoulders, then I'll be back." She said as she got up and headed for the door.

Joe leaped out of bed and ran to the door, blocking his wife from leaving.

"Get back in bed! You ain't goin' nowhere!" He yelled.

"Watch me!" She scoffed, pushing him aside, exiting their bedroom

She went to the third floor, as Joe watched her in anger  walk up the stairs and enter the first bedroom. But before she closed the door, what she said next would send her already pissed off husband into a blinding rage.....

"You know as much trouble as Darnell was, at least he had some manners and acted like a gentleman!!!!" She yelled before slamming the door and locking it.

At that moment, Joe completely lost it, and sprinted up the stairs to where his wife was.

"WHAT THE FUUUUCCCCKKKK DID YOU JUST TWIST YOUR MOUTH TO SAY TO ME!!!!!!! YOU OPEN THIS MUTHA.FUCKING DOOR RIGHT GODDAMN NOW!!!! WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING TO LIKE THAT!!! HUH?!!!" Joe yelled at the top of his lungs so loud, his voice was cracking and he was beating on the door so hard it was starting to splinter.

"No!!! I will not open the door. You are acting like a crazy fool right now!" She said firmly.

"I'm acting like a crazy foo....SHANTELLE ROCHELLE ANOAI OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR BEFORE I SHOW YOU WHAT A CRAZY FOOL LOOKS AND ACTS LIKE!!!" He snapped, shaking the door handle, his sanity barely hanging on by a thread.

"I said no!!! And not until you calm down!!!" She replied.

Joe took a deep breath and slid his hand down the door in an attempt to calm himself.

"Ok you're right....I-I'm sorry. I'll go back downstairs and calm down." Joe said, as the sound of footsteps appeared to retreat away from the door and go back down to the 2nd level.

After a few minutes, Shantelle took a deep breath and decided to go back to her and Joe's bedroom. However, when she opened the door, she was startled by what was waiting by the door.

"What? You thought I was just gonna let you get away with saying that to me? Huh?" Joe said looking up at her from his position sitting by the door

"Joe...I...." She started to say, her eyes wide with fear.

Without saying another word, Joe raised to his full height and for a moment towered over his petite wife, staring down at her, his lips twitching in anger. He then scooped her up in his massive arms and went back to their bedroom, closing the door behind them with his foot.

TBC
This is a bit of a short chapter.
What do you think will happen next? 😳
Was Shantelle wrong for what she said?
Please comment and vote!