Setting the Trap

After Joe was given the news that Darnell murdered his mother in a botched burglary gone wrong, he was in a catatonic state of shock. The horrible news took it's toll on Joe. It felt like he had been hit by a semi truck. So many thoughts and questions were running through his mind. Joe was quiet for so long that his cousins became concerned.

"Hey Uce? Can you hear me? Say something dawg!" Jon said, as he waved his hand in front of Joe's face.

Joe remained quiet and continued to stare off into space. Suddenly, tears started to run unchecked down his cheeks and into his beard. At that moment, Joe began to openly sob as he thought of his late mother....

 At that moment, Joe began to openly sob as he thought of his late mother

"Mama!! Mama!!!" Joe sobbed pitifully and repeatedly.

Noticing his cousin's dejected emotional state caused Josh to calm down and address Joe sympathetically

"Look Uce...I-I didn't want to just come out and say it. I know what Auntie Pat meant to you...what she meant to all of us. I'm sorry that you had to hear it this way. You had to know, but I promise you Uce, we gon' handle that shit. That muthafucka ain't gonna get away with this and that's on everything. Right y'all?" Josh said to Joe and his two brothers.

Jon and Solo nodded their heads in agreement.

"I-I-I-I'm sorry.for.the.fucked.up way I acted. I just don't wanna lose Shan."  Joe sobbed in hiccups.