Twenty Seven

Daphne sat on Emma's bed with her and held her hand. They looked at each other endearingly and had conversations like they did when they were younger.

"Were you scared when you got married? I know I feel deeply towards him, like you felt when you married the duke, but I still feel so scared." Emme admitted to her sister.

"It is okay to have such fears. Besides, you two seem to be two pea's in a pood I dear say." Daphne said which made Emme smile.

"I guess you are right."

Later that day, the Bridgerton's had gotten ready for the concert. Their carriage arrived at the exquisite building. Everyone waited in the same room waiting to be let into the seating area.

"I don't know why I come to these." Emme said to her mother. "Well, I'm off to find my sister so I can have a meaningful conversation."

On this day, Emme and Daphne had been very close. Closer than normal. Perhaps it could be because they are both practically married women, it allowed for further bonding.

The music started and Emme was looking out from her box with Anthony and Mama. She noticed her brother starring at that silly opera singer, so she hit his arm.

"You mustn't concern yourself with her anymore. It is clear you are jealous and she has moved on." Emmeline whispered into his ear so the Vicountess wouldn't hear.

"That is fake. She does not love him." He said back still starring at her.

"You could find a meaningful match somewhere else that is not her."

He ignored his sister's comments because all the times he denied the debutants, it was because of her. Anthony couldn't just move on from her when she was the one who had his heart. If anything, it felt like all the denials before were a waste of time.

"One day, you'll find a girl who compliments you well and will be devoted to you, just are you are to your family, and hopefully her in the future."