Chapter 52: Conflict

The first morning of Ji Qiubai's new wife's career was extremely comfortable, if you ignore the narrow and ambiguous smiles of Gu's mother and Gu Shao from time to time. Thinking of the stupidity of her resolutely rejecting Gu Shao's help and staggering out of the room and certain traces on her neck that couldn't be eliminated, she hated the culprit! It's a pity that someone has a thick skin and doesn't feel ashamed to follow her behind. Fortunately, he is pouring tea and handing water with care and meticulousness, so Ji Qiubai feels a little more angry.

The structure of Gu's house is a very common format of a small farmhouse. A hall with two rooms, a utility room and a small courtyard. The kitchen and bathroom are built in the courtyard. Generally speaking, it is not very spacious, but three people live in it. Enough. Plane trees are planted in the yard. They are more than ten years old. When the summer sun is scorching, it is enough to take half of the yard into my cool embrace. There is also a stone table under the tree and several benches around it, adding a touch of leisure to the simple farmyard. When the weather is very hot, bringing food to the bottom of the tree to eat is definitely a great enjoyment, just like now.

Like most families, Gu's family does not have the habit of being silent. Gu's mother took a chopsticks of steamed fish to Ji Qiubai, and then told Gu Shao, "I stewed Xiaobai with stewed eggs with angelica and red dates, and put it behind the small stove in the kitchen. You can take it and give Xiaobai a drink." He said to Ji Qiubai again: "This soup is the most tonic for women, and it must be finished later ." Ji Qiubai blushed again after hearing the hint in her words.

The taste of angelica is very weird and overbearing, mixed with the sweet and sweet red date flavor, Ji Qiubai almost resisted the nausea in his heart before drank the soup, but only one egg could not be swallowed, the rest was simply crisp Throwing it into Gu Shao's bowl, she was completely stress-free.

Then Gu Shao ate with a handsome face without any pressure.

Mother Gu watched their young couple talk to each other. They were happy and joyfully said: "I have prepared everything for you to return to the door in the three dynasties. I'll come back and fill it up for you."

Ji Qiubai said hurriedly: "Trouble you mother, you have experience with these, we will listen to you."

Gu's mother felt very satisfied with Ji Qiubai's approval and nodded, "It's okay." After

a breakfast, Gu Shao took a pole and a bucket to go out. He was going to the east of the village to fetch water. The water stored in the water tank at home was all Almost running out, Ji Qiubai was about to clean up the dishes, but was stopped by Gu's mother. "It's fine if you come here, you can rest on the side."

Ji Qiubai did not stop cleaning up, although Gu's mother loves her, but what A daughter-in-law brought it back for her mother-in-law to serve, and she wouldn't be able to gossip if she knew it, "It's okay, mother, I'll just take a table and chopsticks."

Gu's mother said, "The new wife is delicate, so don't touch the cold water on the first day. If you free up fast enough, you go to your mother hung on the door of the house being peeling garlic a few years, with cooking tonight, and the kitchen also picked beans, meat copied to you tonight." Ji Qiubai had to put down the bowls and chopsticks in her hands. Mother Gu brought her garlic and placed it on the stone table. She herself found a wooden bowl from the small kitchen to hold the peeled garlic cloves.

Then when Gu Shao returned with the first load of water, she had already peeled off the garlic cloves and started picking the beans.

Ji Qiubai stretched out his hand and rubbed his sore waist secretly, and then gave Gu Shao a fierce look when he poured the water back from the load into the water tank in the yard with his back facing her. If it hadn't been for him, he would also insist on not willing. Leaving made her out of her sight, she had already taken the opportunity to sneak into the space to use the medicine spring bubble body, and now she is comfortable!

Gu Shao carried the empty bucket and turned around to look at his wife who was sitting under the tree and was earnestly picking the beans. A faint smile was drawn at the corner of his mouth, and then he continued to walk outside.

When he was halfway to the house carrying the second load of water, he met Zhang Ganying, the head of Shangyuan Village.

Zhang Ganying immediately greeted him enthusiastically when he saw him, and said, "Brother Gu, I happen to be looking for you for something."

Gu Shao changed his shoulders and said unhurriedly, "The village chief, just say something."

Zhang Ganying is a hearty man in his forties, smiling and saying: "It's not a big deal, mainly because my uncle has something to ask you. Let's go to your house and talk about it."

Gu Shao nodded, and then the two of them walked to Gu's house together.

Ji Qiubai just stood up and wanted to take the picked beans to the kitchen to wash, and then heard the loud roar of cars coming from outside the house. She didn't care about continuing to walk to the kitchen, and then didn't take two steps, the door of their yard. It was pushed away vigorously.

Then came in four or five soldiers in military uniforms and a few strong men in suits who looked like bodyguards. Ji Qiubai immediately shouted vigilantly: "Who are you and how did you break into our house."

One of them seemed to be the leader. The soldier stepped forward with a gentle attitude: "Hello, comrade, is Colonel Gu Shao's house here?"

Looking for Gu Shao? A trace of doubt flashed through Ji Qiubai's eyes, but he still said: "You should report your name first when you rushed in. Why did you ask us first."

"Hmph, what a girl with sharp teeth." Private soldier. Before he could speak, a cold snort came from behind him, and as the soldiers stepped aside respectfully, the speaker was quickly exposed to Ji Qiubai's sight.

Ji Qiubai's heart burst, Gu Shao's father?

At this time, Mother Gu came out of the kitchen with a bowl in her hand, and said: "Xiao Bai..." Then the remaining words disappeared from Gu Nansheng who suddenly appeared.

"What are you here for?" Mother Gu immediately made an unwelcome gesture, and then called Ji Qiubai again: "Xiaobai, come to mother."

Ji Qiubai hummed, and did not say hello to Gu Nansheng. Yes, quickly walked to Gu's mother's side.

Gu Nansheng stared at Ji Qiubai's expressionless expression, he waved his soldiers and bodyguards to retreat, and then said to Gu's mother: "Let's talk alone." A sarcastic smile was at the corner of Gu's mouth: "What else is there to talk about?"

When Gu Nansheng heard this, the anger and dissatisfaction that had been suppressed all the way reached the highest value, and he did not care that Ji Qiubai was still there. Of course, he felt that even if this girl was there, it didn't matter. There was a rural girl, and she didn't understand too much. "Qian Qian, I used to see Xiaoying's face and I have been patient with you a hundred times. I think you do anything outrageous because you are sister of  Xiaoying and I don't care about you, but this time, Gu Shao's marriage is such an important matter, you dare to hide it from us and let them make the marriage secretly, to see what the daughter-in-law you found for Gu Shao looks like!"

Ji Qiu's forehead jumped, feelings are directed at her. Yes, what's wrong with the country girl, no matter how bad she is, she is a hundred times better than a scumbag who abandons his wife and children!

Gu Mu was afraid that Gu Nansheng's words would make Ji Qiubai uncomfortable, so she hurriedly calmed down and said, "Xiaobai, don't listen to him talking nonsense. Watching here."

Ji Qiubai nodded. As far as the current situation is concerned, she can't speak at Gu Nansheng yet, so she should quickly find Gu Shao back.

After Ji Qiubai's figure disappeared outside the door, Gu's mother looked at Gu Nansheng with a sneer, "My son gets married, what does it matter to you who he marries?"

Gu Nansheng put down the demeanor he had always held before, and said with a sullen face: " I'm his father, and I'm in charge of his marriage."

"Ha," Gu's mother sneered. "You are still a college student, a government official, and you've read all the books in the dung pit. Do you think this sentence? rational? well, dare in front of the country hundreds of millions of people on television saying this, ah, if you dare I'll give you kneel, and three knock nine worship! "

Gu Nansheng was  livid," Sister, this time I really I don't want to quarrel with you, it's boring! Gu Shao is my son, and I can still harm him. This girl is harmless to his career, and the other party and our family are also very close friends. Look at the daughter-in-law you found for Gu Shao, she doesn't look very good, she doesn't call anyone, she doesn't have a tutor! And I guess she don't know many big characters, and if she doesn't have a culture, she don't deserve Gu Shao! Let them get divorced!" Gu Nansheng finally stated his ultimate goal.

Mother Gu looked at him in disbelief. Did someone say this? A good innocent girl married to your house, she dumped her for a better future. Is this still a human thing? It's not an exaggeration to say a beast.

"Gu Nansheng, I'm going to confess to you today. Don't think that everyone is the same as you. You can abandon your wives and children for the sake of your future. Others are not as shameless as you! Go, if you don't go, I will use a broom to Drive you away! Also, don't come here anymore. If you want to come again, I must go to the capital. The government officials use their power to force people to see if no one is in charge!"

Gu Nansheng showed a slanderous smile. "Go to the capital? Believe it or not, I made you even unable to leave G province!"

"I would rather know how Minister Gu made me unable to take a step even G province?" There was no emotion in a hard voice. There was a sound between the two of them.

Gu's mother saw that Gu Shao came in with Ji Qiubai, and at the moment he was looking at Gu Nansheng coldly.

For Gu Shao, Gu Nansheng's feelings are complicated. First, he was guilty. He didn't take care of his son when he was young. Then he was relieved. He was happy that his son was not inferior to himself. Finally, he complained and angered. He refuses to recognize himself, refuses to kiss him, refuses to obey his arrangements, and often ignores his father.

"You came back just right, let's talk separately." Gu Nansheng looked at Gu Shao and said.