Chapter 84

The Gu family's old house is located in the downtown area of ​​B where noble families live. It seems inconspicuous but it is the foundation of the real imperial city, and most people can hardly live in it. Old Man Gu has lived there all his life, from young to old age, from a white man to a high-ranking position, and then to long-term care, almost since the house belonged to him, except for that special turbulent period, he has hardly left that place. There, he raised his son and sent his wife away, but in the end he didn't expect a huge house, and in the end he was the only one left.

Today is the same as usual, the old man feels less, so Mr. Gu got up early in the morning and played the Tai Chi sword in the yard for a while, ate breakfast, and at the end he started to serve his potted plants that looked like baby eyes. While holding the scissors, Gu Ping, the old butler of the Gu family who had followed him all his life, came to tell him that Gu Shao was here.

Old Man Gu's eyes, which were blocked by reading glasses, showed a trace of complexity, then put down the scissors and sighed, then waved to Gu Ping to take the person to the study.

Gu Ping could see that the old man Gu was not in a good mood and did not dare to delay, so he went down immediately.

When Mr. Gu washed his hands and went back to the study to open the door, Gu Shao had waited for about ten minutes. He didn't sit down, he just stood up straight and expressionless. When he saw the old man, he simply hit him. Saying hello is not a warm one.

Grandpa Gu didn't care either. He always knew that Gu Shao and the Gu family didn't have a deep relationship, so he simply nodded and said you're here.

Strictly speaking, Gu Shao and Mr. Gu have similar personalities. They both don't talk much and like direct people, so they didn't talk too much and went straight to the topic.

Soon, after listening to what Gu Shao said, the old man Gu did not express his opinion in a hurry, but just asked: "What must you do?"

Gu Shao did not answer, but the firm expression on his face fully explained it. his attitude.

Old Man Gu sighed and said, "Anyway, you guys are breaking bones and connecting tendons, pulling your father down doesn't do you any good, on the contrary, others may think that you are cruel even for your biological father. , and now this special period is very unfavorable to you."

Gu Shao did not change his face, only said indifferently: "No matter who is right or wrong, who can stop the mouth of the world, I once told you that the Chuhe Han world, If you cross the border, you will strike, this time I'm just here to let you know, you can't keep them."

Maybe when people know the destiny, frost dyes their hair, and recalls certain past events and their feelings become more delicate and complicated, even once The hard and inseparable heart will also become soft, and the old man Gu is in such a mood at the moment, he can only hear him whisper: "Gu Shao, have you not let go of your mother's affairs, in fact, you have been Remembering it."

Gu Shao didn't deny it, he just said: "Some things can't be wiped out if I don't let go, just like my mother can't die in vain, it must have a break, everyone have to be responsible for what you have done, and this is what you once said to me." Mr. Gu was silent for a while, and then said, "Did you take Ma Zhang away?" Although it was a question, his tone was affirmative. .

Gu Shao did not evade this time, but nodded and admitted, "It's one step faster than you."

Today, Mr. Gu's suspicions over the past few days have been confirmed, but his heart is not as unpleasant as before, but his eyes are as if the dust has settled. There is a trace of exhaustion and unspeakable complexity: "Mother Zhang has stayed in the Gu family for more than ten years, and she is diligent. She was still there when your mother married to the Gu family, and took care of you for a while, until your mother died. Going back to your hometown for retirement, there is no one who understands the events of the year better than her, it seems that you are fully prepared, so I say more will not help, right!"

Gu Shao looked as if he had aged more than ten years. The old man felt a little turbulent in his heart, but he still said firmly: "Grandpa, you should know that today's situation was doomed as early as when my mother died, and to this day, what will happen in the end is not up to us. to decide."

Old Man Gu: "Indeed, I should have expected it when I found out that the guy above had a foot in the middle and asked you to take Zhang Ma away, but it was just a fluke, Gu Shao, I won't and can't ask for it. You stopped and let them go, but it doesn't mean that I will never ask about this matter, that is my son, and I can't watch him die." At the end, he said: "Gu Shao, you are already qualified enough to be this man. The future owner of the Gu family, I am very pleased, this Gu family, it will be yours."

Gu Shao was unmoved, as if such a huge property was normal in his eyes, only said: "Old man, you have always been I don't know what I'm begging for."

"I've always asked my mother to rest in peace."

After saying this, Gu Shao stared at Old Man Gu for three seconds, then turned and walked out.

He won't accuse Mr. Gu of being partial and selfish, nor will he care about the other party's ruthlessness and cold-bloodedness, nor will he feel sad about it, because he has always cared about only those few people, and only those few people can bring him. Emotional touch.

Thinking of waiting for his mother, wife and children in the hospital, the thin ice on Gu Shao's face gradually disappeared, and his pace gradually accelerated.

Old Man Gu stayed where he was, staring in a daze in the direction where Gu Shao disappeared. He stayed there for a day, until late at night when the old housekeeper Gu Ping couldn't help knocking on the door, he finally came out, but he didn't go to rest immediately, but Ask Gu Ping to prepare the car, and then go out.

On the other hand, Gu Nansheng was as anxious as an ant on the lid of a pot, and this anxious mood reached its peak when he was rejected by the Peng family for the third time.

Ye Jianlan was worried almost all day, for fear that one accident would make Gu Nansheng remember that this trouble was brought about by herself, and then poured all her anger on herself, then she would definitely not be able to eat and walk away. In addition to being afraid of this one, there is another thing that worries her very much, that is, Gu Nannan ignored her and Gu Nansheng's firm objections and moved to the school dormitory two days ago. Before leaving, the two mothers and daughters were still old There was a fight, and now she doesn't answer the phone calls to her daughter, but she couldn't find the time to come to the school for the past two days, so she could only be secretly anxious.

Gu Nansheng came back today with a dark face again, Ye Jianlan didn't dare to ask him how things were going, and only let the servants set the food first, but Gu Nansheng immediately yelled at her and said, eat, eat, you can eat, shop, and put on makeup. What else can you do.

Ye Jianlan lost her face in front of all the servants, and no longer suppressed the temper that she had cultivated for many years, and said to Gu Nansheng, besides scolding me, what else would you do? A big man can't even protect his wife. What's the use? Such a trivial matter is obviously going back to the old house and begging the old man to take a shot, but it is not easy to catch, but he insists on dragging it out and refuses to go, what can he do.

This time, he stabbed the hornet's nest. Gu Nansheng immediately forgot the thousand-year-old adage that a good man does not fight with a woman, and he didn't mess with Ye Jianlan, so he slapped her directly, and almost didn't slap the other side on his back. gas.

The two of them tore their faces apart. Ye Jianlan is someone who isn't willing to take a loss. She doesn't care about her temperament at the moment. The bloodstains appeared one after another, bluffing all the servants, and they didn't know which one to pull.

However, this farce was soon settled.

Because...

Ye Jianlan and Gu Nansheng glanced at the big caps in the room, and immediately felt bad.

Not caring to wipe off the blood on his face, Gu Nansheng asked the policeman who took the lead with a smile, "Comrade, why do you want to visit late at night?" In his heart, he scolded the person who didn't have a long eye to put people in directly.

The police officer who took the lead was a handsome young man. Seeing Gu Nansheng's embarrassed appearance, a meaningful smile appeared on the corner of his mouth, "Minister Gu, I'm sorry to disturb you, we're here to find Ms. Ye Jianlan ." Ye Jianlan He immediately asked, "What's the matter with me?" The young man immediately restrained his smile, showed an arrest warrant and said, "Ms. Ye Jianlan, now we suspect that you are involved in a murder case, and now we need you to contact me. We're going back to assist in the investigation."

Ye Jianlan immediately shouted, "What kind of murder, I don't know, you have wronged people, do you know who I am?!" The other party interrupted her immediately and said honestly, "Ms. Ye Jianlan, no matter what you are Who is it, if you are wronged, you will find out after checking, please cooperate with us! If you do not cooperate, we will retain your responsibility for obstructing the work of the public security organ."

Gu Nansheng showed an apologetic smile to the young man, and then pulled Ye Ye Jianlan whispered in her ear: "You go back with them, I will find a way to get you out, don't worry, I won't let you have an accident!"

Ye Jianlan is helpless, there is no way, grabbing Gu Nansheng is like grabbing With the last straw, "Nan Sheng, I made a mistake before, I shouldn't have trouble with you, you must save me, you must save me."

Gu Nansheng reassured her: "Don't worry, I will go to the old man right away."

Hearing that Gu Nansheng was willing to go to see Mr. Gu, Ye Jianlan finally felt relieved, and finally told Gu Nansheng not to let her daughter know and was taken away.

On the other side, in the hospital.

Ji Qiubai quickly recovered and could drink some soup, but she still had to wait for a few more days to go to the ground. The wound on her stomach recovered well. Of course, this was also due to the fact that she secretly got some spirits from the space. The spring water was used to rub the wound, and Mother Gu also stewed old hen soup every day to replenish her body, and she naturally recovered well and quickly. But for Ji Qiubai, who wants to go down to see her child quickly, every second of her life is like a year now.

Gu Shao now reports to the hospital on time every day. Looking at his wife and his son can make him pass the day. In order to divert Ji Qiubai's attention, he began to put the naming of his son and daughter on the agenda.