Chapter 76

When Ji Jianjun came back, his face was full of spring breeze. He even changed his lukewarm attitude towards his two stepsons before, and gave an unprecedented smile to Lou Bin who came out to greet him, which made Rong Jing feel better, no matter what. How, the husband is still good to himself and the children.

The old lady knew her son very well, and her abnormal behavior immediately caught her attention, and she immediately invited her son to ask questions. Even Ji Qiuping, the granddaughter next to her, coquettishly asked her father what good things were so happy.

Ji Jianjun looked around the living room, only smiled and said, "I'll announce it when everyone is ready," and then called Sister Qing again, instructing her to let the kitchen add dishes, and reported a list of the names of the dishes.

The old lady was very refined, and when she heard that there were several dishes in it that her daughters loved to eat, she immediately asked her son if he wanted to call his sister and brother-in-law over as well.

Ji Jianjun nodded with a smile, "It's my mother who understands me."

Rong Jing saw her husband's posture and realized that the promotion that her husband had been muttering about some time ago had been fulfilled. Thinking of this, she was also excited. After all, her husband's status had risen. Now, her wife also has a long face.

What surprised her was that her husband's promotion was true, but Ji Jianjun was so happy. The most important point was that Ji Qiuliang was finally engaged to Peng Yuanyuan, the daughter of the Peng family! When Ji Jianjun announced the news to the crowd, Rong Jing was very happy and was immediately hit by the news to the point that only one point remained.

It stands to reason that although she is legally the mother of the other party, it is impossible for her to agree or disagree with the marriage of her stepson. After all, in addition to her own superior conditions, Peng Yuanyuan's family conditions are also comparable to theirs. Her father is the real leader of the Land Administration Bureau of City B, and she is the second generation of a real official. The marriage between the two is a win-win situation, but this calm mentality has never been known to Ji Qiu. When Liang's girlfriend Peng Yuanyuan was a relative of her husband's ex-wife, she disappeared immediately. She was in a bad mood. She didn't know how to describe this feeling of panic, but this feeling was when she learned about her husband's feelings. The ex-wife frequently contacted her husband to meet her under the pretext of discussing her son's engagement, and Peng Yuanyuan reached the peak when she always mentioned the woman every time she came back. Taking it to heart, she only said that she thought too much. Later, Rong Jing had no choice but to break out in front of her husband, but for some unknown reason, the old lady found out about it and called her over and reprimanded her. Fan, warn her not to intervene in this matter, otherwise, if she wants to look good, Rong Jing can't do anything. Neither the old lady nor her husband can afford to offend her, so she can only turn a blind eye. Fortunately, Ji Jianjun is not alone with his ex-wife. After a few times, there was no other outrageous behavior, and she died, but she hated Peng Yuanyuan because of it, and she thought that Peng Yuanyuan brought all this.

Because the arrangement of the engagement is to be discussed, the Ji family's dinner table today changed from the usual rule of thumb, and it was very lively. Rong Jing watched with cold eyes as her husband and a few brothers-in-law exchanged cups, and the old lady and a few sister-in-law happily talked about the arrangements for the engagement day, only to feel that their hearts were cold to the bottom.

At this time, Ji Qiuping came up to her and said, "Brother is engaged, so mom is very happy." She looked innocent.

Rong Jing's fingernails were about to bleed from the letter, but she still pulled out a flawless smile, "Yeah, I'm so happy, in a blink of an eye, you're all so old, you're going to start a family."

Ji Qiuping didn't seem to believe it. She wanted to see something from her face, but the smile was just right, so she had to give up.

Lou Bin was silent in the lively atmosphere, and only looked at his mother worriedly. Rong Jing seemed to sense his gaze and gave him a soothing look.

"Old lady, look at the date of the engagement on the sixth day of the next month. It's a good day, and it's a good day to get married. The official wedding date is set for November 28th. If it is possible, I will tell my in-laws. Go." Ji Jianjun turned his head and asked his mother who was sitting next to him, and everyone seemed to agree, as if he was only waiting for Mrs. Ji to hit the hammer.

As soon as the words fell, Rong Jing stopped the action of using a spoon to spoon soup, and then she could not hold the spoon with trembling hands. The soup spoon made of porcelain fell into the soup bowl made of the same porcelain, making a crisp sound and splashing. After drinking countless soups, Ji Qiuping, who was affected by the soup, immediately screamed at my clothes, and then bounced off the chair.

"Mom, what did you do?" Ji Qiuping said angrily, and Sister Qing, who had been waiting beside her, quickly brought a towel. On the other hand, Peng Yuanyuan, who was affected by the soup, did not have such a big reaction, but her face was not very good.

Everyone was quiet, looking at Rong Jing, as if waiting for her to give an explanation. The old lady's eyes were even more sharp. She was born from a lowly door and made a sound from a lowly door. Even after more than ten years, she still can't get on mesa!

Lou Bin wanted to say something, but was stopped by his mother, Rong Jing raised her head, her eyes were red, and she did not explain her rude behavior, but said to her husband word by word: It can't be booked on the sixth day of next month!"

Ji Jianjun was stunned when he saw his wife's red eyes.

Ji Qiuliang and Peng Yuanyuan immediately turned cold when they heard that, but because the other party was an elder, they didn't say anything, but turned their attention to the old lady.

So the old lady's slightly chilled voice sounded, "Then why don't you tell me?" As if she would give her a good look if she didn't give a reasonable explanation.

In fact, this kind of accusatory questioning in front of the juniors is already a slap in the face. Not to mention that her sister-in-law has already shown a gloating expression.

Rong Jing took a deep breath and calmed down. The voice was not loud but very clearly transmitted to everyone's ears: "That day is Xiaobai's death anniversary!"

Everyone was caught off guard, and they were all stunned. Even Lou Bin looked surprised, but the festive atmosphere suddenly faded away. Rong Jing looked at everyone with a sneer at the corners of his mouth, but he quickly disappeared. , she turned to look at Ji Qiuliang and Peng Yuanyuan, and said in the tone of elders caring about juniors: "Marriage is a major event, you should be more cautious in

choosing the day." Ji Qiuliang and Peng Yuanyuan froze and didn't dare to say anything.

Mrs. Ji concealed the unnaturalness between her brows, but turned her head and instructed her son casually, "If that's the case, let's choose another time," and then said, "I'm tired, Pingping helps me to go to the room to rest. "

She said she was tired and wanted to rest before she finished her meal. Rong Jing sneered in her heart at the lame reason she found for the old lady. This eccentric eye really went to the Pacific Ocean. My granddaughter, let alone a tear when she died." No, there is no sad expression on the anniversary of the death every year, this is still my grandmother!

When the old lady was not there, the table was a bit awkward. Ji Jianjun didn't dare to look at his wife, and of course he didn't dare to exchange glasses with a few brothers-in-law. A sister-in-law, their faces are a bit more embarrassing and unnatural, but they have always been arrogant in front of Rong Jing, and the child was originally not expected, so there is no such thing as forgetting the death of the niece. Guilt. However, they couldn't stay in such an atmosphere. They called their husbands to say that they had left beforehand. Even Ji Qiuliang and Peng Yuanyuan made excuses to escape. Rong Jing was angry and naturally would not keep them, so they were full. In a blink of an eye, people at the table knew that only Rong Jing, Ji Jianjun and Lou Bin were left.

Rong Jing looked at her husband's dodging eyes and became angry, "Don't you remember?!"

Ji Jianjun pursed his lips, but couldn't say a word of explanation, because he really forgot.

Rong Jing's tears were about to fall, Ji Jianjun sat beside her in a hurry, wiped her tears with a tissue, and stammered to explain, "Alas... alas... don't cry, the children are still there! I'm not at all. I forgot on purpose!" But I didn't know that Lou Bin had gone out quietly, and Sister Qing, who had been waiting by the table, had long since walked away with a wink.

Rong Jing grabbed the tissue in his hand to wipe her tears, guessing that the servant at home, she didn't cry out, she just shed tears silently.

Ji Jianjun coaxed for a while, and then Rong Jing slowly calmed down. Seeing the other party's slightly anxious look, she said bitterly, "You still say it's the father, and I don't even remember the anniversary of my daughter's death. As a father, my poor daughter! I didn't enjoy a little family when I lived in the world, and no one remembers it when I died, why is my life so miserable!" Tears came down again.

Ji Jianjun wanted to refute, but in the end he didn't say anything, he just said: "Oh, I was wrong, wrong, okay?"

Rong Jing wiped her face, "Then on the sixth day of the next month, you and I will go to worship Xiao Xiao together. White." It was no longer the tone of consultation in the past, but the tone of command.

Although Ji Jianjun felt uncomfortable in his heart, he thought about how he and his wife had treated their little daughter in the past, and he had been instigated by the old lady to find excuses.

Seeing her husband agree, Rong Jing finally felt a little better.

Lou Bin stood in the yard, feeling the hot sun shining on him, and for the first time, a sense of guilt filled his heart.

In the room, Mrs. Ji listened to Ji Qiuping's word-for-word description, and sneered, "I didn't see how much she loved when she was still there, but she pretended to be upside down when she was gone! It's against me, Hmph, just let her be proud for a few days, I have a way to deal with her."

Ji Qiuping only hated that she didn't hear the chilling words.