Time at Pallet

We see Ash and Pikachu going through forest now almost for 2 hours. They were now near Pallet town. They had eaten sandwiches Ash bought the previous day as they stopped for break at a clearing. They then, again hit the road. Now, we see they are almost going to reach Pallet town.

Ash: Now, in 15 minutes we will at home Pikachu. I am very excited to see Mom after so long.
Pikachu(equally excited): Pika Pika
Ash: See Pikachu, our home. 'The Pallet town', it hasn't changed a bit since the last time we were here.
Pikachu: Pika Pi
Ash: I will race you there. Let's see who gets there first.

Pikachu and Ash started racing towards their home. Ash was faster but Pikachu used quick attack to leave his trainer behind. He reached Ash's home first followed by Ash.

Ash: That was cheating. You are not supposed to use an attack.
Pikachu(grinning): Pika pi.....

Pikachu climbed his shoulder. They both reached the main door and opened it. They see nobody was there. Then, he thought that his mother would be upstairs as he heard some noises from upstairs.

Ash: Pikachu, look likes Mom is upstairs. Why don't we scare her??
Pikachu(chuckled): Pikachu..

They hid below the stairs so, they cannot get seen. They waited for Delia to come downstairs. After 10 min, she come down.

Ash(scaring her): Boommm.....
Delia: Aaah.... there is a thief!!!
Ash(controlling her laugh): Mom it's me Ash!!Haa haa......
Delia(hugs her tightly): Ash, what are you doing here?? You scared me like hell. What happened?? You okay?? You didn't tell me you were coming, tell me why?? And most importantly did you changed your underwear??
Ash: I was home on a vacation. Sorry for scaring you. Actually professor Cerise said that after seeing our work, he is happy and gave us a vacation. I wanted to surprise you so, didn't hold you. And for your last question, how many times a have told you not to ask such embarrassing questions Mom!!
Delia(giggles): Okay, as my little boy has come home after so long; why not you go to your room to change you clothes??
Ash: Okay mom
Delia: By the way, where is Pikachu??

Pikachu jumped from behind Delia on her shoulder and he then went to get in her arms. Delia giggled at his son's best friend. Delia went into the kitchen to prepare food for her son after keeping Pikachu on the sofa.

In Ash's room

Ash was feeling nostalgic after coming into his room. It was the same room in which he would sleep after watching pokemon battles. He looked around and saw everything was clean but nothing was moved away from its position. He then, saw his achievements; the gym badges, frontier symbols, Alolan and Orange league trophy, the Teddy Ursa that was given to him by May.

Ash(thinking): Wondering what will be  May doing right now. Maybe having a break or continuing his journey. Last time, he met her in Sinnoh. He missed her, how she would annoy her also or how they both would have eating competition.
Delia: Ash, Lunch is ready!! Come down.

Ash went downstairs to see lot of food made for him. He was very happy to see it as he really has missed his mum's cooking. He immediately after washing his hand started to chomp down the food. Delia told him to eat slowly as there is no rush. Ash allowed down a bit but tasted every bite of the tasty food made his mom. After having lunch, Ash and Delia sat on the sofa so that they could talk. Ash decided he would go to professor's Oak house next day.

Delia: So, Ash which pokemon you have caught after going to Cerise labs??
Ash: Yeah mom, I have caught a few and one will definitely shock you.
Delia: Then, I am ex tied to meet your new friends.
Ash: Sure, why not go to back garden. They are too big to come in here.