The battle with Lieutenant

Ash has come back from Alola and it's been two weeks since the other champions know that Ash is the Alolan champion. He has battled two trainers since he came back and now his rank is 403. Today he is getting ready for his next match in Great class. He got a notification for the battle, when he got up in the morning. He was very excited as the match was with a gym leader who he suffered a pretty bad loss in the past, he was able to win at last due to Pikachu's speed. Now, he is in the kitchen placing his plate in the dish washing.

Ash: So, you ready buddy??
Pikachu: Yes Ash, I cannot wait to win the match again with that Raichu.
Ash: I am pretty excited to battle against him as he is a strong opponent.
Pikachu: Sure, but no match for us.
Ash: So, let's go outside. He would be waiting for us, I think.
Pikachu: What pokemon are you thinking to use beside me??
Ash: I have decided on Ralts, Dragonite and you??
Pikachu: Oh.... we will win easily.

They met up with Goh outside the lab who was there with Grookey. As they were going to the gym, Ash told Goh the first he fought with Lt. Surge and how it ended up. Goh was shocked to hear that Ash was so down after that and Pikachu was how mercilessly beaten. Goh was angry too as he cares about pokemon too. They reached the gym soon.

Ash: Hello, Surge!!
Surge: Oh kid or should I say, Ash??
Ash: I think Ash will be better.
Surge: So Ash, are you prepared for the battle??
Ash: I am excited and I know I will win.
Surge: So, let's get over with it. Then, I may tell you something you will find interest in.
Ash: Sure, let's go!!
Surge: But before tell me about this kid with you??
Ash: He is my friend,Goh.
Surge: Hello kid, I think you will be good as Ash is travelling with you.
Goh: I am not that much into battling. I am interested in catching pokemon.
Surge: Okay, let's get the battle started.

Ash and Surge went to opposite sides of battlefield. Goh went in the stands and released Drizzle also. Ash and Pikachu were having a determined expression. While Surge was grinning, ready for the battle.

Rotom: The battle between Lt. Surge of Vermillion city and Ash Ketchum of Pallet town, both placed in great class, will now start. Both trainers ready. Start the battle!!
Surge: Come out, Magnezone!!
Ash: Ralts, I choose you!!
Surge: A psychic pokemon is a good choice but not against me.
Ash: We will see. Ralts, use confusion!!
Surge: Dodge it and thunder shock!!

Ralts starts concentrating and then, sent some rays in direction of Magnezone who easily dodged the attack. Magnezone charged a thunder shock towards Ralts but wasn't able to hit as she dodged it narrowly.

Ash: Try to hold Magnezone with Psychic!!
Surge(seeing Magnezone being held): Try to break free, Magnezone!!
Ash: Slam Magnezone and finish it off with Draining kiss!!
Surge: No, Magnezone use thunder wave!!

Ralts slammed Magnezone hard on the ground and then, used the move Draining Kiss on him. As a result of which Magnezone fainted, but before that he attacked with Thunder wave that paralysed Ralts.

Surge(recalling him): Magnezone, you did good.
Rotom: Magnezone is unable to battle, Ralts is the winner. Trainer Surge, call out your next pokemon.
Surge: Now, Electabuzz come out and finish that Ralts!!
Ash: Ralts, you want to return or you want to keep going??
Ralts(in his mind): I will fight Ash.
Ash: Okay now, use hypnosis!!
Surge: Electabuzz, Use thunder shock!!
Ash: Oh no, dodge it!!

Ash told Ralts to dodge but Ralts didn't had much energy left. So, Ralts got hit and fainted on the spot.

Ash: Ralts, you did an awesome job. You deserve a long rest.
Rotom: Ralts is unable to battle, Electabuzz wins this round. Trainer Ash, send out your next pokemon.
Ash: Dragonite, I choose you!!
Surge(mutters to himself): It looks strong, I should be careful. Electabuzz, use Thundershock!!
Ash: Dodge and use Hurricane!!