3) Break from Living

I opened my eyes. An orange-yellow glow surrounded me. I looked down to see myself looking just like Alicia. Though today I was wearing a white ankle-length floral dress with a golden chain belt around my waist, which is unlike any other I had ever seen her wear. I closed my eyes to remember and cherish the moments I had just lived. Alicia was a brave girl. She had completed her promise and took revenge for not only her father but also for the good looking sweet Lucus.

But most of all I remembered the seas. Being a pirate turned out to be a good decision after all. The feel of the breeze in my hair, and splashes of water on my body made the death after adventure worth it. I was soaking in my own bliss when I heard an admiring voice call me.

"Hello Anana." the voice seemed to come from all around me.

"Hello, Líder," I called back, slowly opening my eyes. All that I saw around myself was still the glow but I felt His presence.

"You know that's not my name, right?" he called back in an accusatory tone.

"Tell me your real one and I won't call you this," I stated matter of factly.

I was replied with silence. I knew this would happen. This was our ever time opening conversation. Líder was my guide in this big, orange abyss. Though he would help me choose stories to live and tell me his opinions truthfully, he wasn't really a talkative type. Therefore, he was boring but wanted.

Not knowing what to do next, I started looking around myself. I knew I had an option to start another life, but I wished to stay here for some more time. This 'between the living realm' was the only place where I was with my own thoughts only. I loved the quietness here which made up for all the noise I heard in a lifetime.

The aura around me was neither liquid nor gas. I could breathe in it perfectly but in order to move around, I had to work my way through a fluid. Getting bored by observing the nothingness I decided to swim around. It was difficult yet needed by my restless body. Moving around, I thought about myself and the various stories I had lived till now.

I am a Wight whose body is the body of any other alive person and whose thoughts have no existence when she sits in the back of someone else's mind. My story is any that I pick to watch and my life is as long as my soulmate wants it to be.

I moved for some more time until getting tired. I stopped and caught my breath. After lying peacefully for some time, I finally decided to get a move on my next story. My hands clasped around my belt, feeling its various hooks and coils underneath my fingers. Líder once told me that all these hooks have different powers stored in them. However, to date, I had experienced only two of eighteen (yep, I had counted them).

I gripped the first hook on the right side of the buckle and flicked it towards the front. A panel with lots of genres for stories opened in front of me. It was more of a search place to choose a suitable story for my next life. I fidgeted with the buttons on the panel to enable voice exploration. Líder would never talk to me without any topic, so I made sure to open up opportunities for him for even if he didn't like it, I was hell-bent to make anyone talk to me.

"How can I help you, Anana?" his voice echoed around me.

"How about you guide me to pick my next life."

"Well, name a bracket then."

I closed my eyes to picture my last few lives. It was true that I relished my time as a pirate but was the sea enough to make me happy? Or was it just a contributing factor? As I pondered over this, a dead face of Lucus appeared in front of me. Immediately, the face transformed into that of Bethany, my best friend at one time who had died in a car crash. It again changed to show me the various closed ones that I have lost at various points in time. I remembered the pain every time I felt whenever someone suffered an untimely death. I have received it enough but this time I wanted to see it from a different view.

I opened my eyes and called out loud. "Pain. That is what I want to feel, but this time, I don't want to be at the receiving end." I answered Líder back.

He was silent for some time as though pondering over my awkward request. "You want to hurt others?" he asked after what seemed like a million years.

"No" I replied back instantly. "For once, I don't want to be the one who sees my close ones dying. I want to be the one who dies. I don't want to feel the loss again."

"That is new, Anana. I have never heard this type of plea before."

"I will take that as a compliment." I grinned back foolishly at my surroundings for of course Líder could not see me.

"So, tell me, how do you wish to die?" the admiring voice called around me as I dived into my soon to be life.  

That was a small chapter because it was more of a filler

That was a small chapter because it was more of a filler. Anyhow, the next chapter will divulge right into Anana's next host's life and until then, please share your love and support for this book. Don't forget to vote.

Who else finds this Líder dude a bit shady? 🤯