22) Meeting Him

I looked around me to find myself as Rebecca Summers in a meeting with three other people. They were all trying to behave normally but were not at all succeeding. The first giveaway was calling the meeting. The second giveaway was all the intensely interested fake looks. And the final one was the question put forth by Rory. "What is the plan?" Honestly, what heist ever starts with anything other than "What are we going to steal?"

Rebecca looked at all those traitorous faces. Is she honestly supposed to believe that they are genuinely interested in knowing the plan when they have never shown interest in it during the last dozen heists that they have conducted together? So, she did the only thing that a person who knows that the people sitting in front of her will betray her would do. She told them the plan.

"The plan is quite simple." she started "We all know that Vyacheslav Ivanov has in his possession the treasure of the century. The question is where he keeps them hidden. And the answer is a heavily guarded secret so, naturally, everyone knows. The diamonds are going to be kept hidden behind the painting of the lady in red on the second floor of the museum. This painting is enclosed in a chamber that requires voice activation and there is only one voice it responds to. Ivanov's. The chamber is in the part of the museum that can only be accessed by his fingerprint and eye scan. Further, it is guarded by huge bulky men, that have the eyes of a vulture, the strength of an elephant, and the agility of a cheetah. So, all in all, we need Ivanov to open the chamber himself and bring us the diamonds. Which is exactly what's going to happen on 27th August." According to her experience, no one ever asks her any questions in between. This time also her teammates didn't disappoint her. At least they are doing something right.

"So, on the day of his exhibition, the diamonds will be brought to the grand hall only 4 minutes prior to the arrival of guests and 7 minutes after the arrival of guards. So, we will have a time bracket of 11 minutes to fool the fool, steal the diamonds and make our grand escape." she finished.

Turning towards her so-called friends, she explained to them their tasks."Cadith, you are going to make 3 new identities - a maid of honour, a guard and a guest. Aaref will be the guest, Rory will be the guard and I will be the maid. The three of us will sneak in, and wait for Ivanov to bring forth the diamonds before grabbing them. After that we all know what's going to happen." she concluded leaving the rest to their imagination. After all, after this, they will be crossing her, and she was going to double-cross them.

Without waiting for any reply, Rebecca gracefully made her way out of the room. Now she needed to meet Derek, the other computer geek who seemed like her only friend in this rat hole. It was time to make some double fake identities to show the traitors who Rebecca Summers actually is. It is stupidity to think that you can cross the fiercest con and then get away with it. You wanna play with the storm, then get ready to be blown away.

Rebecca made her way towards him but he was busy doing something and told her to come the next morning. Deciding to call it an early day, she made her way toward her room. She changed and went to bed, scrolling through her social media. It was an ideal time to take control and leave this place.

Without hesitating, I flipped the first hook from the right. Consequently, I also flipped the fifth rook teleporting to the hospital room, which I had already grown familiar with. When I reached there, the bed was empty and the occupant was doing something in the corner of the room. I made my way towards him to see him playing with the temperature control of the room.

"What are you doing?" I asked chillingly.

"ANA!" Callan cried hearing my voice. He turned and suddenly hugged me before I could react. I reciprocated his hug chuckling at his behaviour.

"You are excited to meet me," I noted.

"Of course. I wanted to know if I would make it out alive if I changed bodies. If the new stone works just fine," He said without missing a beat. As soon as I registered what he said, I started throwing punches at his shoulder.