12) Making Beautiful Family Bonds

We were now standing inside the house with Aaron. Looking around I recognised it to be the couple's bedroom. I remember the living room to be downstairs so I started making my way towards it. Callan and Aaron followed me wordlessly. As I was descending the stairs, I turned to see Callan beside me. I was curious as to how Aaron will manage it. However, as I saw him, he simply vanished in front of my eyes and reappeared downstairs. I smiled and went towards the living room.

The door was open, revealing three people sitting inside. I went inside and first of all looked at the small girl. She was a brunette with a petite frame. Her hair was reaching her back and her eyes were closed as she slept with her head on her mother's lap as she caressed her daughter's hair. The woman was just an older version of the girl. Their hair and frame were similar. The only difference was in jewellery. While the mother wore a small ring around her finger, the daughter had a beautiful bracelet around her wrist.

I turned towards Callan to find him already looking at me. I pointed towards the girl and then towards my wrist. We might be invisible but could be heard. So, I mentally prayed for him to understand my sign language. Callan followed my line of vision and slowly nodded his head. He then quietly made his way towards them. Reaching there he looked at her wrist for a few seconds. Then he turned back and directly went out of the room. We both followed him to the corridor where he stood waiting for us. As soon as he saw me, he pointed toward his belt and flipped the fifth hook.

I followed him and we reached outside. I think the invisibility hook needed a repair. After every teleportation, I need to flip it again. It was so damn irritating. I turned it on and went towards Callan. He seemed to be deep in thought, so I didn't disturb him and sat on the ground.

"It was the stone alright," he said after what seemed like a few minutes.

"It's good news then. Right?" I asked in confusion. If we have found the stone then shouldn't we be celebrating?

"Yep," he said in a trance. After a few seconds, he looked at me with determination in his eyes "We need to trace the generations now."

"Now?" I asked

"Yes," he stated in the most obvious tone.

"I can't," I told him "I need to go back. Dora has an event in her life."

"So, should I do it alone then?" he asked.

"Can you trace the generations today and tomorrow morning I will come back so that we can find the stone together?" I asked slowly.

"Okay," he agreed. I grinned internally at my victory.

"Great! See you tomorrow." I announced and without waiting for his reply flipped the hook.

Reaching home, I quickly changed my clothes since that was the only thing, Dora had to do when I was gone. Hurriedly, I progressed towards the dressing table and gave away the control to Dora so that she can decorate herself. I wouldn't have minded returning for her makeup on any other day but unknown to Dora herself, she had a huge night today. So, it was better for her to look beautiful than answer thousands of questions.

After make-up and hairdo, she slowly picked up the necklace Lawrence had given her the other day and wore it, remembering him. I smiled at her behaviour. She was really love-stricken. After dressing up, she picked a book and made her way toward the garden. She sat on the swing and continued with her book when she heard the sound of a carriage. Curious, she made her way towards the front gate to see Lady Haddington and Lawrence getting down.

Excited she waited for some more time and then makes her way toward the living room. Her parents had arrived by now, so she made her way inside. After the initial greetings, Dora and Lawrence decided to spend some time together in the garden. There, Lawrence told her that today wasn't a surprise visit. Rather he and his mother have been invited to dinner since a long time has passed since the elder's last meeting. Dora happily accepts it and they keep on talking for some more time. Eventually, Edward joined them and the three of them stayed there till dinner.