6) Infinite Love

Dinner was a subdued affair that night. Bea had taken it upon herself to inform all those who didn't already know about the fight between Dora and Lawrence. And everyone in the family had a different reaction towards the situation.

Her parents who didn't know about her decision to keep her health condition a secret were disappointed with her. Her father just began a silent war with her while her mother decided to give her a lecture in her room. After forty minutes of spending time with her mother in a room, Theodora knew all the good qualities her parents had, which she should also learn. Edward, who thought that her reason to hide the truth was very stupid, decided to show her more pity as if he wanted to compensate for Lawrence's absence.

Her younger siblings were however supportive of her. Nick helped her scamper Ed and told her to follow her heart for only it can tell what her love demands. Bea told Lionel about her plan to cheer up Dora's mood and the latter agreed wholeheartedly. He promised her that they will lay a perfect plan for tomorrow after dinner. This promise was the sole reason that Dora was still sitting at the table and enduring the gaze and stares of so many around her.

After dinner, Dora went into her room as soon as her feet would allow and closed herself in. She took on a book that she was supposed to read in the afternoon and engrossed herself in it. An hour passed and her door opened as Lionel let himself in.

"So sister, ready to plot a crime?" he grinned at her.

"Born ready." Dora smiled evilly at him "Come in and make yourself comfortable."

However, before he even sat, the door opened again and Ginny came in "Hi! Are you planning a murder strategy?" she asked cheerfully.

"No. Only the getaway after it." Lionel answered her back in the same cheerful tone. All three of them laughed at his statement.

"Really sorry to interrupt Lionel but... um..." Ginny said after the laughter died down.

"What is it, Ginny?" Dora asked

"Lord Lawrence Haddington is here to meet you," Ginny answered with a guilty look in his eyes. The smiles were wiped away from Lionel and Dora's faces at her answer.

"That guy has some nerve." Lionel fumed.

"It is not his fault, Leo. He trusts me and just wants me to return the feelings. Nothing is wrong in it."

"That man is the reason you cried all day sister." he snapped back

"I did not cry all day," Dora said with a fierce look in her eyes almost matching that of Lionel.

"So, you are on his side now? Bea and I are just stupid who want to help you for no reason at all?"

"It is not a war to take sides on. I am not on anyone's side. I will go and meet him now and I will go with you on an outing tomorrow as well. Send for me if you need my help in planning."

Without waiting for a reply, Dora left the room to make her way toward the front door. Lionel's anger at her wasn't completely unjustified but Dora loved Larry too much to listen to reason. She has already caused so much pain to him. It was time to correct her mistakes, not exaggerate them. As expected, Lawrence was waiting for her there. After the greetings both of them made their way towards the garden, occupying the same bench, they had sat on in the morning.

"The moon, it is wonderful. I do not remember seeing it this wonderful ever before...." Dora began as if hoping to avoid the direct conversation with Larry but it seemed like the latter had different plans.

"Look, Dora, I just wanted to apologise for the way I behaved in the morning. I should not have run away. I am sorry."

"Then I should say I am sorry too. Though my offence is much bigger than yours. Forgive me for keeping a secret from you but please do not force me..."