8) I become a Human Barbeque

I could feel light tapings on my cheeks and I tried to open my eyes. However, the direct sun rays falling on my eyes were making it difficult for them to function, therefore I allowed my ears to investigate my surroundings beforehand. I could hear a light beeping sound and neighing of a horse when suddenly a husky voice spoke from my side "Shut it, Aaron. It's because of you we are in this situation. You are the one who told me to help her. Look where it landed us. Now her belt is beeping and she isn't waking up."

I remembered the voice belonging to the man from the alley. It seems he was mocking somebody. Curious I opened my eyes to see him talking to his horse. "You can understand him?" I asked. However, my voice came barely a whisper.

The man immediately turned to look at me. "You are awake. Thank the heavens." He said his voice relieved. I nodded and proceeded to sit. Looking around I found myself in a park with the man and his horse on either side of me. The beeping I had heard earlier was coming from my belt.

"Why did you become unconscious? Did someone attack you again? I tried to find signs of a strike but couldn't find anything." he asked with a hint of concern in his voice. I don't know why but it made my lips curve in a genuine smile.

"Nothing of that sort happened. The information you gave me was too much to handle I guess." I answered him with a shrug, trying not to let him hear my inner raging emotions that were starting to resurface. This caused a visible relief on his features.

"You have too small a brain," he said with a smirk rising on his lips. However, he immediately sobered up and looked gravely at my chain belt "It's beeping for a long time. You have somewhere to be?"

I racked my brain to remember where I needed to be "It would be her maid of honour with a delivery for her only. I don't think it's really important. I think I'll miss it." I thought aloud.

"ARE YOU INSANE?" the man thundered. I turned to find him with clear anger shimmering on his face. "You don't miss any event in her life ever. No event is insignificant. No matter what has to happen you go back right now. Am I clear?!" he asked me with a murderous glare in his eyes with a hint of fear.

"Okay! First of all, you need to calm down. You are going to blow my ears out. Secondly, I can't reach my house in so little time. It's too far." I had no idea why he was behaving in this way. I could easily make an excuse to Ginny later. It was no big deal seriously. And the last part was an actual problem. So, I wasn't even going to try.

He looked at me all confused. "The fifth hook from the right. It's used for teleportation. Don't you tell me that you were going everywhere walking your legs out." he had a hint of amusement in his voice and the smirk was threatening to rise again. I, therefore, decided not to give him any more satisfaction. The fact was actually news to me. I looked at the denounced hook.

"You need to leave now," he said making his way towards his horse and preparing to leave. I seriously need to figure out what's with him and leaving. I also stood up and organised myself.

"So, where will I meet you again?" I cried after him, seeing that he had already climbed on the saddle and started to make his way to what I assume is the alley.

"You won't!" he shouted back.

I looked at his retreating back in disbelief. He was such a... ugh!! The beeping from my belt increased. I knew I had to go back. Even though I knew nothing bad would happen if I don't go, somewhere his fear had infected me. He knew something that I didn't and I was eager to find out.

Now what happened next, I blame it totally on my stupid and curious mind. Anxious for information I flipped the fifth hook from the right. However, instead of going home, I aimed for a hiding place, two lanes away from our present location in the direction where that jerk was headed.