13) Such a Jerk... but he is Sweet

The party ended at dawn. Dora wanted to crash down at Nick's bed but didn't want Ginny to be suspicious. She, therefore, returned to the room and managed to get a couple of hours of sleep before Ginny arrived.

Dora had a free afternoon today, therefore I decided to make the most of it. After breakfast, I took control to go and meet Callan once again. Though I knew where he was at this hour, I decided to play ignorant. I went to meet him at our regular spot to find him already waiting.

"Hey" he greeted "You are early. I didn't expect you for another hour or two."

"What can I say?" I said shrugging and continuing with the most innocent look I could muster. "I knew you needed my help. So, I came earlier."

He just shook his head and muttered something under his breath. I grinned at him and made my way to meet Aaron.

"Alright Miss Helpful, we found something. Wanna know about it?" Callan called me.

"I am all ears."

"I would actually need eyes too. We are going back so that I can show you." I agreed.

"Okay! Meet you at the riverside." I said as I moved away from Aaron and Callan held his reigns.

"Riverside?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. I bit my tongue. Of course, he hasn't told me anything yet. I cursed my mouth. Stupid uncontrollable mouth.

"Aren't we going back to the house?" I said immediately covering up.

"We are," he said suspiciously.

"Great. Then let's go." I said quickly and set up my destination on my belt. Callan also set up his belt and together we flipped the hook. As the dizziness subsided, I saw Callan going to sit on a large rock.

"So, what did you want to show me?" I asked him sitting on the ground in front of him.

"That's secondary," he said curtly.

"Secondary? What's primary then?" I asked confused. What was more important than the stone?

"How did you know the era we have to go in? I didn't tell you and we are currently fifteen years earlier than where we were yesterday," he asked narrowing his eyes and glaring at me.

Idiot, idiot, idiot. A complete idiot. That is what I am. If only I would have gone through it patiently. Pretending guilty, I looked anywhere but him.

"Seventeen time-jumps and three whole fucking hours. That's what it took me to find out the place you already knew about." he continued in a threatening tone. But all I could do was bite my tongue to control my laughter.

"Why?" he asked the one word which I was waiting for and I did what he had done yesterday. I smirked, crossing my arms and looking directly into his eyes told him "It was fun."

Realisation dawned on him and his angry features morphed into an amazed look "You are impossible. How...How..."

"Revenge is sweet. And karma is a bitch." I said winking at him. "Now, come on quickly tell me what you discovered before the fisherman comes."

He gave me one of his signature murderous glares before we went ahead. "The girl's grand-grand-grand something father caught the stone in a fishing net. I guess we need to take a dip to find it."

"I am not swimming halfway into the river to find a piece of rock." I shrieked.

"We are borrowing that boat and going in it to the middle, then we will swim."

"Borrowing or stealing?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Borrowing without telling the owner."

"Which is stealing," I mumbled. I didn't have any problem stealing anything because I know Callan will return it. In fact, I had a problem with the second part of the plan. Who would want to go swimming in this weather? I looked around trying to find a solution to my problem.