21) To a Sad Ending and to Beautiful Beginnings

It's been four days since marriage and Dora's sickness was increasing at an alarming rate. On the ship to France, all the couple had done was love each other. Larry had made plans for sightseeing and romantic dinners but due to Dora's health, their plans got cancelled almost every other day. Right now, Dora was sleeping heavily. Last night had yet again been a ride and was tiring needless to say.

"Good morning," She heard Larry speak as she opened her eyes. She tried to move but was stopped by his hand around her waist. She slowly raised her head to see him smiling down at her. "Good morning." She replied back with a smile.

"Slept alright?" he asked to which she readily nodded. Sleep always helped her become better. And sleeping in Larry's arms with her head on his chest was heaven in itself. "I was wondering if you would like to go out today."

She looked at Lawrence with love-filled eyes. Slowly biting her lower lip and looking shyly at his face, she whispered seductively "I will go anywhere with you."

Lawrence looked at her, leaning into her touch "It is so early and someone is already in a good mood." Raising his head slightly, he placed a passionate kiss on her lips. When Dora responded with the same passion and love, he slowly backed out to see nothing but the eagerness in her eyes.

"You are making it difficult to stop, Dora."

"Maybe, I do not want you to stop." She whispered matter of factly. These words were enough to break all barriers in Larry's control. Lust swirled his orbs and he suddenly flipped her over.

Hovering over her he kissed her deeply and then as the flowers blossomed outside, so did their love.

A couple of hours later, Dora and Larry were outside, enjoying the scenery. Dora always liked gardens rather than beautiful buildings. So that's where Larry had bought her. Sitting on a bench, in a park with Dora's head on Larry's shoulder was how they spent their afternoon. It was really hot and the sun's rays were falling directly on her face.

"Dora," Larry called her. She hummed to show that she was listening. Larry gently raised his hands to cup her face. Howbeit as soon as his hand contacted her face, he pulled back cursing. "Oh damn! You are burning up sweetheart."

Dora straightened looking at him in confusion, so tired to even flinch at his curse, "Am I?"

"Come on, we are going home," he muttered hurriedly and before she could register what he said, he picked her up bridal style. As they were moving, Dora realised how lethargic she felt. She cursed herself for being such a burden on her lover.

As they reached the inn, Larry called Ginny and his best man to order something. Dora didn't hear any of it as she fell asleep, her sickness getting onto her. She wasn't sure how long she slept but was woken up by some disturbances in the room. She looked around to see some men packing her stuff.

She sat up and asked no one in particular, "What is happening?"

"We are going back," Larry answered appearing on the door. "Your health is deteriorating. You need to visit the physician. I got a ticket for the evening for going back, so we are leaving today."

Dora looked down at her lap in guilt. First, she ruined his life and now their honeymoon. She is only a...

"Do not," Larry said breaking her chain of thoughts.

"What?" she asked afraid she hadn't heard something he was saying.

"I know what you are thinking. Do not." Lawrence told her, sitting beside her.

"I am sorry. I am such a nuisance." Dora whispered.

"You are not. You are perfect. You are everything I need. Stop it with the self-pity." he told her lovingly. However, Dora was again feeling dizzy, sitting up. "Dora, we have a couple of hours before going. Sleep gorgeous." Larry said pushing her back gently.

Dora however grabbed his arms and looked into his eyes. "I love you, Lawrence," she whispered.

"I know darling. I love you, too. But you are turning pale, you need to sleep now. I am right here." He told her sternly. Fear was gripping him. But Dora couldn't see anything.

"Do not leave me." She whispered.

"I am not going anywhere. I am here beautiful." He whispered back.

She then gently leaned towards him, placing her lips on his. But before she could do anything, everything revolved so fast and she closed her eyes forever.

|AUTHOR'S NOTE - Dora's life journey ends at this point and since the main story revolves around Anana, I could not add any other part of Dora's life after Anana leaves her body. But since Dora has also become a very important part of this book, I have added one more Bonus Chapter which shows Lawrence's POV and starts somewhere in between this chapter. It is posted towards the end of the book by the name of 'Come Back, I Still Need You'. If any of you wish, you can go and read that chapter first before continuing on with Ana's story, or could simply continue from here only. But be sure to check that chapter out once.|

*****

I finally opened my eyes to find myself surrounded by an orange-yellow glow. I grinned. I had made it back. I lived even when Dora died. Our plan and adventures worked off. I was back in the realm between lives and this time I was looking just like Theodora. Her life wasn't an adventure. It was a tragic romance story. A girl finds herself deep in love but does not marry that person for his sake. And when she finally complies, she is dead within a week leaving him all alone.

I knew for a long time that Dora was supposed to die but it was painful nonetheless. I wonder what would happen if I didn't even know about the story. Guess, I will find that soon enough.

"Hello Anana." a husky admiring voice greeted me.

"Hello, Líder," I called back.

"Do I need to remind you again?" he accused me yet again.

"What? That this isn't your actual name?" I called back. However, this time I didn't ask for his real one. I knew he wouldn't give it to me. Besides I have this feeling I cannot say his actual name.

Líder kept silent but this time I was in no mood to make a voice talk to me. Some things had clicked inside me and if I was right then I need to go back now. I had a friend waiting for me. I had a friend who was going to find me soon enough and if I am even a little correct, I would soon be making one more friend.

So, I turned the first hook on the right-hand side of the buckle opening a list of all the potential life stories, I could enjoy.

"How can I help you?" the voice asked me mechanically. It was as if he had all his dialogues learnt by heart.

"Rebecca Summers. Art thief. 2022. That's the life I want." I told him.

"Okay," he replied amazed that I knew the answer so well. "Go ahead."

I smiled and flipped the second hook on the right-hand side of the buckle. I had work to do. 

This was quite a short chapter

This was quite a short chapter. Sorry about that. But it needed to be concluded here. What did you think of Theodora's life story? And have you already checked out the Bonus chapter? 

Vote if you loved Theodora and Lawrence's story.

Which song reminds you of their story? There is a Hindi song (my mother tongue) that I relate to. I have added it in the Bonus chapter. Do check it out. There is an English song as well - Hold On by Chord Overstreet. Tell me yours as well.