Chapter 22

Charis's P.O.V.

"Alright." Louis mumbled with a fake smile. Only I could tell it was fake. "I'm sorry Albert, can I take Charis away for a minute? I need her."

"Yeah, sure." Al said and looked at me smiling. "We'll talk again later, right?"

I nodded. "Of course." I spoke warmly and tapped his shoulder. Then I turned quickly around and walked away with Louis, before Al could remember anything else to tell me. We walked around the studio for a while until we made sure we had reached the place no Al would disturb us. I felt Louis's hand tweaking my cheek, the way he always does and gets on my nerves, though I never stop him. I gave him a look. I read his eyes; he was making fun of Albert's affection for me.

"No sooner had I gotten rid of you than I met Al and now he's being all that..."

"Wait a minute." Louis interrupted me and straightened his body to look more serious. "What do you mean 'get rid of me'??"

I just smiled.

"Albert and I are not the same. I never was like him. 'Being all that' bullshit. I never was like that. Do you think I was like that? Because I think I've always been you're friend, not that whatever he thinks is."

At first I thought he was just joking, but now he seemed really nervous. It matter so much to him. I knew of course that back when we first met, he had feelings for me, but that didn't explain his reaction. He really must have thought that I didn't know. He didn't want me to know either. He was.... ashamed? Well, I wouldn't judge him.

"I'm just kidding." I simply said and smiled a bit more. "You never were like that, you've always been my friend, yes."

Louis relaxed and snorted.

"So how's Mona?" I snapped.

"Oh shut up!" he said.

"What? I'm just interested in learning how my friend is doing."

"No you're not, because as you said she is you're friend and I'm sure you've talked at least ten times since our date, so you know how she is better than I do. So shut up."

I grinned and started walking. Louis followed.

"How's Johnny?" he asked.

"Good. Very good. He asked me to be his girlfriend and of course I said yes, so now we're in a relatio-"

"What??" Louis jumped in front of me and grabbed me from my shoulders. At first I thought he looked like his was angry, but soon enough a smile appeared on his face. "Oh my God, that's amazing!! Finally!"

I blushed. "Yeah it is, isn't it?". I looked around to see Johnny, but he was nowhere to be seen. "We decided that we shouldn't let the whole 'Alicia Chesley' thing destroy..."

"What thing?" Louis widened his eyes.

"Don't you remember? I had given Johnny a fake name... Gosh, how can you forget such thing? We've been fighting for..."

"Yeah yeah, I know that. But how did you say the name was?"

"First, stop interrupting me. And second, Alicia Chesley. For God's sake Louis, you called me Alicia. You really don't remember?"

He looked away startled and rubbed his forehead with the back of his hand. "Oh no." he whispered to himself. "You sure it was that name?"

"Yes". Louis looked away again. "Yes!" I said more confidently this time. "It was that name, I'm sure of it, I would never forget..."

Louis sighed. His breath seemed wavy. I had started being really worried now.

"What? What is it?" I demanded.