Chapter 18

Johnny's P.O.V.

Back home, I couldn't actually do anything without smiling. I didn't know how much I had missed Charis, until I kissed her this morning. I know she was mad at me, and she had every reason to be, but I couldn't resist anymore. I kissed her, and then she kissed me back, and, oh heaven's between her lips!!

I knew she wanted us to get back together, so I decided to go at her place this evening and take her to dinner. I was sure she would love my surprise.

I finally arrived outside her house. I tried to make my hair look as good as possible, and then got out of the car. I stepped in front of the door, but I couldn't knock. I was just enjoying this feeling I had.

I snorted a few times to trying to feel less nervous, and then I knocked. Charis's voice was heard behind the door, and then it opened.

"Heyy... Oh!!". She looked surprised to see me. "Hi Johnny"

I smiled. "Can I come in?".

She finally closed her wide-open eyes and nodded. "Yeah, of course, come in...". She shut the door behind me. I looked around me like I was searching for something. Then I looked at her. She was wearing a black and white dress, make-up, her hair was falling on the one side and she had her shoes on. I frowned at the shoes like they were something odd.

"Were you going somewhere?" I asked. I was obvious that she was, but still, I was hoping for another answer.

"Um...no." she mumbled, walking nervously. "Not...yet."

"Oh..." I snorted.

"What...what are you doing here?" she said smiling, almost laughing. She was trying to make us both feel better.

"I came here to take you to dinner, actually." I answered. "Have you eaten already?".

"No, actually, I am just about to."

I raised my head and looked at her. She was smiling, but her eyes didn't seem that happy. "You aren't eating here, are you?".

She shook her head slowly. "Albert is coming. You know Albert...".

My eyes widened. I knew Albert. Of course I knew Al. He had asked me for some good advice, how to ask Charis out, and I'm so stupid that I gave him! Now he had a date with her, with the girl I love and I'm trying to work out with. Great!

"Oh, yes, Al..." I said more to myself than to her. "Is he coming to get you? To go on a date, or something?". I was fighting to sound normal. I'm not sure I was though. And I don't understand that. I'm a great actor. Why when it comes for Charis I can't act at all?

"Yeah... Something like a date. But clearly platonic." she said. She sounded like she was trying to comfort me. I suddenly knew that I shouldn't be looking like this. I shouldn't be like I'm ruined. I raised my head proudly and looked straight into her eyes.

"Platonic..." I mumbled her last words. "You don't have to tell me what you are doing with your love life, therefore your dates. It's your decision. You can do whatever you like."

"And that's what I'm doing..." she said, raising a bit her eyebrows. So she wants this date to be platonic. Good. Because I know she can do whatever she likes, but I would really like it if that was me.

There was a knock on the door. I turned my head and look at it. I didn't know in what way to look at it. I just looked.

"That must be him..." Charis said and walked to the door. She opened it, and it was Albert.

"Hello Al..." Charis smiled to him. He was looking so happy, and didn't even notice I was there.

"Hi Albert." I mumbled. "You look...good." I wasn't really sure why I said that.

He looked at me a bit surprised. "Oh, hi Johnny. I didn't expect to see you here."

"Yes, because I shouldn't be here. I'm just going to go now." I said and walked to the door, before Charis could close it. "Goodbye Charis...Albert. Have a great time."

Just when I was outside, her hand grabbed my elbow to stop me. I felt her hot breath upon my skin on my cheeks and on my ear.

"I love you..." she whispered to me, and only that was enough to make me shiver from head to toes.

Albert was already looking at as confused, so I couldn't respond. I just walked away.

-A date later-

I saw Charis in the dark, joking toward her door. She took her keys from her purse and was trying to unlock the door, when I appeared next to her. I heard her gasps stopping for a while. Then she turned and looked at me.

"You scared me!!" she snorted. I smiled.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to." My smile must have been making me look like I did mean to, although I didn't, because she narrowed her eyes.

"What are you doing here?" she said in a low voice.

"I was waiting for you to come home..." I answered.

"Why..?"

I brought my hands in front of me, because I was hiding them behind my back.

"Look what I've got" I said showing her what I was holding. "Ice cream...".

I bought some ice cream, hoping that she would remember the first time that we kissed. And she must have. She put her hands on the ice cream, and leaned toward me. She closed her eyes and kissed my lips gently. Then, all of a sudden, the ice cream wasn't on my hands anymore. She got in the house giggling, leaving the door open for me to follow her.

"No no no no nooo.... My ice cream...." I mumbled, getting in the house, and running to catch her. It was so nice. Like all the fight and that had never happened. And I wish it hadn't. I wish I hadn't missed all these days without her.

A/N: Hello my dear readers!! So, everything now is better, right? They are good together. And I wish you are good too!! ;) leave your comments and votes if you liked it!! And, happy holidays!