Chapter 8

Johnny's P.O.V.

I got out of the bathroom and started getting ready for my date with Alicia. We were going to go to a really nice restaurant that I know in the center. To be honest, I'd prefer to eat in my house, so that we could have a little privacy. Plus, I was a bit afraid of paparazzi. But, I wanted our first date to be somehow formal, although I don't like formalities. Does she know that this is our first date, or she thinks that this is just a friendly hang out? I decided to be positive and think that she would understand it tonight, if she hadn't yet anyway.

I got ready and stayed in front of my mirror staring at myself. It was early, so I was just staring at myself, to see if I was good enough. I was so nervous... Relax, everything is going to be just fiiine... She likes you! Can't you see it? Ughh... what am I saying? I'm the one who likes her! Yeah, I like her... She likes you too. Or, at least she will. She will. Because you like her. Just don't screw everything...

I jumped a bit realizing that I was talking to myself. I looked my idol in the mirror strictly, shook my head and went away. Looking myself definitely didn't do any good to me. I checked the time and grabbed my keys to leave.

I arrived at Alicia's house and knocked the door. She opened ita few seconds later.

"Hi Johnny... Emm, just give me a second, I'm coming right now. Sit on the couch if you want to wait for me..." she mumbled quickly and rushed upstairs. I glanced at her before she was gone. She wore a floral skirt and a red shirtwaist that revealed her pretty back, but her long brown hair covered it a bit. With other words, she was gorgeous.

I sat on the couch and waited for her. Hopefully she wasn't late. We left and I drove to the restaurant. She liked it very much and we sat on a table that she liked best and ordered our foods. We were talking and having fun of course, but then I had nothing else to say, and it started feeling a little awkward.

"So..." I mumbled as she  look at me raising her eyebrows. "Tell me something about yourself, something that I don't know". She put down her glass of wine and looked at her food chuckling.

"Something that you don't know...." she snorted, like I knew nothing anyway. "What do you want to know?" she said and looked up at me.

"Uh.. I don't know. Do you have any brothers or sisters?" I said. She frowned as she looked away.

"I... had. A twin sister." she said, an unexplained force in her low voice. I shivered. I felt so stupid to ask her that. But I continued as I wanted to learn more.

"Why? What happened to her?" I asked, trying to make my voice like hers. She looked at me with a sad smile.

"She was poisoned when we were 5 years old..." she said.

"I'm sorry to hear that..." I mumbled.

"That's OK..." she said. "I got over it. After a year, or maybe two, I got over it. My poor mum never did though...". She left a little giggle at the reflection of something. "I looked like her very much, we were almost the same, but she had lighter, almost blonde hair. So, I remember one day, I coloured my hair blonde..." I looked up at her a bit confused. "Yeah... with my watercolours. So, I coloured my hair, put on her clothes and went to my mother, to make her feel better...". She looked again at her plate with a sad smile.

"And what did she do? Did she feel better?" I asked smiling a bit, trying to change the atmosphere.

"She had a smile on her face and tears in her eyes at the same time. She hugged me and said sarcastically "don't ever dye your hair like that. It looks awful..." and then chuckled.". I looked a bit at her not knowing how exactly to act. Then I chuckled a bit. She chuckled too. I know it was a sad story, but for one reason, we ended up laughing. Maybe because of the awkwardness.