Chapter 17

Johnny's P.O.V.

The morning seems dull, the air feels heavy, the light looks blind.

I am not okay.

Charis's P.O.V.

It was already a tiring morning. I was hauling my feet to wherever I wanted to go. I felt exhausted, but I was actually sad. It must be the same thing.

My way to the studio was long, like there was no finish line. When I finally arrived, I got out of the car, and before I entered the building, I recognized Johnny in his. I stared for a little. I didn't know what I should do. Then he saw me. He tried to smile, but it was like a drunk smile. I smiled back, naturally, and walked to him. Last night was so complicated. All I actually realized was I wanted him back.

"Good morning..." I said with a voice that seemed like nothing was bothering me. Us.

"Hello Alicia..." he said and smiled a little warmer.

I chuckled. "Johnny... You're still fighting to get rid of that habit? It's Charis, remember?".

"Of course I remember. You just sounded more like Alicia than Charis."

"It's the same. Alicia and Charis is the same. I'm the same person no matter what my name is, right?" I snorted. What he was saying could be a drunk person's words, but I was totally sure that he was sober.

"I met two different persons, remember? Alicia, the girl that loved me, and kissed me, and was nice to me. And then Charis, the girl that fooled me, and broke my..."

I turned around and went away before I could hear anything more. It was going so well. Why did he have to ruin the whole thing? Like I was enjoying to hear the stupid things I have done. The mean things I have done to him.

I got inside the studio and Albert ran to me.

"Hey Charis!!" he said so happy that he made me think he had some great news to tell me.

"Hello Al!" I said with the same joy. He came next to me and walked with me.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm...okay. What about you?".

He seemed like he was about to blush. "Oh, I'm okay too." he said. "Hey, listen, I was thinking, about that dinner or coffee that I told you, well, I was thinking if you're free today, to..."

"Yes Albert. I would love to go out with you today." I said. I was just trying to make him feel less nervous.

He expired a laughter. "Great! Is 9 okay?"

"Sure. Where?"

"I'll pick you up!" he said, winked to me and left.

I looked around me. Louis was staring at me with a stupid smile. He came towards me.

"Thank God..." he whispered. "I thought he would never leave you alone!". I just snorted.

"Hello to you too, Louis..."

"Yeah, hey." He held my arm and took me to a corner. "Can I ask for Mona's number. I need it." he said.

I narrowed my eyes. "You need it? What do you need it for?" I said and no matter how much I was trying to hide it, my smile was obvious.

"Yes I need it. Just to ask her something, okay? So stop smiling like an idiot because I think I'm going to punch you in the face if I have to."

I laughed. So loudly. And I couldn't stop. He was acting like a teenager, and made me think if I ever act like that too.