Chapter 28

Johnny's P.O.V.

I almost crushed the glass in my hand after I hit it with force on the counter of the hotel bar. "Hit me" I mumble, not being able to talk clearly dew to the many drinks I've had. The bar tender refills my glass with whiskey, but before he can even go away, I chug it all. "Hit me!!" I shout again. He gives me a worried look, but eventually does as I said.

The moment he goes away, I find an opportunity to release my inner pain, and start making crying noises, but I'm not actually crying. Or maybe I am, I'm not in the state of mind to know the difference. I can't help but recall everything that happened the past hour. So much had changed during this hour.

"I definitely like her more than you right now!", my words jump around in my head, synchronized with the throbbing. Why on earth did I say that?

There is no one I like more than Charis. Not now, not then, not ever. I don't care if I was mad at her, what I said was still a lie. Because even when I'm mad at her, I love her more than anything. And now she thinks I left her to go find that stupid Alicia.

I groaned hard and loudly with disgust. Alicia!!

It was all her fault! I was just nice to her once, and now she had to hit on me! I didn't do anything wrong, I didn't hit on her. It was all in her imagination. I was just being a good colleague.

I drink all of my whiskey with one move. I grimace to the hot feeling it gives me, and shout in frustration. Who am I kidding? It's my fault; I lied and kept it secret. Even though nothing was going on, it is completely normal that Charis now thinks otherwise.

"Stupid, stupid!!" I call myself while hitting me on the forehead.

And now she hates me. And I might lose her. Oh god...

Oh god!

I DON'T WANNA LOSE HER!

I throw myself on the counter in front of me, my arms pushing my glass to the edge. I hear it shattering on the ground. But I don't move. I don't even flinch. Who cares about a broken glass? What about my broken heart?

I stay there, god knows for how long, until I fill a hand on my shoulder. I'm guessing it was the bar tender, asking me to leave or something. But still, I don't move, I don't do anything.

"Johnny?" I hear a familiar voice. I slowly turn my head away from my arms, and try to look at whoever is there, but everything is just a blur. "Johnny, are you alright?", the voice repeats, and the man's hands try to turn me around. I am finally able to see the man's face, but I still don't recognize him.

"What are you doing down here? I... I thought you went to Alicia's" he says. I narrow my eyes in an attempt to see his face more clearly.

"Louis?" I mumble. He nods. "What are you doing here?" I say angrily.

"Uh.. Charis called me. She was really upset. She said something about you leaving her for Alicia and asked me to come pick her up" he stutters. This makes me really, really angry.

"What?" I demanded. "Why would she call you? What the hell is going on between-"

"Nothing, nothing, Johnny. Calm down" he interrupts me. "She called me because I'm her best friend and she needed help. And, of course, I rushed here because she sounded very upset."