Chapter 5 [A True Devilman]

The three of you followed the screams, leading you to this very dark area. It was like a broken-down laboratory, something like that. 

When you arrived, desperate to find out what was going on, you discovered a massive pile of dead, bloody bodies and a slew of demons. The memories from the junkyard were flooding back to you.

You were hearing the screams from the women who were already cut right in half, some of them beheaded already.

Akira started crying, you wanted to do the same, something didn't let you through. Ryo had a straight face, expecting to pass by this along the way.

Akira suddenly grew even taller, his eyes sharper, turning into a demon. 

You

Is that what I looked like?...

Akira zoomed towards the demons, leaving a wave of wind behind that blew through Ryo's face and yours. 

The both of you, you and Ryo, stood in your spot while watching Akira destroy all of them. There were a few humans alive, you ran over to them, shivering in their spots.

You

"Hey-"

Ryo

"Y/N, stop!"

One demon dashed through, nearly slashing off your head, just as you were ready to assist them. Instead, it sliced off the heads of the humans all at once. More people were alive and trying to flee. Every time you went to assist them, they were slaughtered, causing even more tragedy to fall upon your eyes.

Ryo

"Y/N, give it up. You can't save them."

You

"I can if I try harder!"

Ryo sighed, watching pure disaster happen right in front of him. He unleashed something from under that white cloak of his, a huge-ass gun. He started to finally help out, shooting their heads off. 

Ryo

"Y/N, you don't get it. Keep this up and you'll-"

Once he turned around to look at you, his eyes shifting between you and Akira, in a quick flash, he just witnessed a demon grab you with its bare hand. It threw you across the entire laboratory, your back ended up crashing right into a wall, a huge ringing noise in your ears. The wall was cracked due to the impact.

Ryo

"Shit!" 

Akira

"Y/N!"

Akira dashed over to you, but dozens of demons wouldn't get off of his back. They were preventing him from assisting you since they were keeping him too occupied. The other two were caught off guard by your condition. All of the demons towering over Akira were merciless, and one demon slashed Ryo's gun and beat him to a pulp as he attempted to flee.

It was the same as the last time, your head hurt like hell and your vision was fucked up. You didn't go out cold this time, which is surprising. However, your eyelids were tired, a reminder that you had just been slammed against a concrete wall. Looking around, your eyes moved around a little. Your heart was pounding so strongly in your chest that you felt like it was going to pop out. You were well aware that this quick heartbeat wasn't natural.

There were a few shards of glass in your body as they were on the ground where you toppled over. Not to mention your back hurt the most.

All that you could really do right now was just lay on the ground with your back facing the ceiling and your eyes aimed forward, looking at Akira who was trying to throw all the demons out of his way. 

Ryo grunted in frustration as a demon was holding him down.

Both of them could be heard faintly. Oh, how it brought back memories when a demon stomped up to you and just stayed there. You were 101 percent certain that the demon would at least do something to you.

Once the demon started moving again, slowly raising his fist to finish you off, but he was shaking in his spot and just wouldn't move.

You

What the hell is happening to it?... Why is this happening again?

The demon who was imprisoning Ryo became enraged at the demon who was ready to murder you. As a result, it merely threw Ryo away like a crumpled piece of paper and began stomping towards you.

It didn't appeal to you in the least. You grabbed a shard of glass and dashed into battle, but things went horribly wrong. As you stood up from your laying position, you raised your hand to slash the devils' heads off. Your dumbass, on the other hand, botched your own strategy, and you wound up cutting your own stomach. You cried, wanting to fight for your life and the others'.

A dazzling flash of light flashed in front of everyone's eyes, even the demons'. All they saw when they were able to see again was a tall person dashing through the area in the blink of an eye. This towering entity was annihilating the majority of the demons in a single swoop. They had seen you in the appearance of a demon once the dust from the damaged laboratory had settled. A Devilman, to be precise.

Ryo

"Yes!"

Ryo exclaimed, excited to see such a sight. He was smiling crazily, his eye's wider than ever.

Akira couldn't believe his mind.

The demon's whimpering could be heard, not giving a fuck and destroying them all. You beheaded some of them, killed others right away, and had to watch as their body parts were progressively pulled apart one by one. All by you.

All that Akira could hear was Ryo's faint chuckling, sounding insane.

You inspected the area for any remaining demons or humans after they had all died, fully obliterated by you. There was nothing there, at least not to your eyes. Akira and Ryo were picked up promptly, with Ryo being gravely hurt and Akira already recuperating. Ryo, on the other hand, wasn't as powerful as you guys.

Ryo

"So-" *Cough* "What did you think of it, Y/N?"

You didn't respond. 

Ryo

"Y/N?..."

He called your name with a faint and raspy voice as you were flying through the sky, holding both of them.

You didn't respond again.

Ryo

"Hm. You don't wanna talk about it?"

Then again, no response from you.

Ryo

"I see."