Chapter 16 [I Shall Always Be Happy]

You released a series of slashing movements as quickly as you could, chopping all of the tentacles apart and kicking the demon directly in the chest. This threw her down and slammed her into the rubble.

You knew you didn't have enough time, yet still ran over to Ryo.

He was thankfully conscious, just stuck on the ground since his entire body was completely numb.

Ryo

"I can't move."

You

"Yeah, I can see that."

You looked at your surroundings, trying to find a way out while you tried helping Ryo up. His back was severely damaged.

You

"Ryo, I'll be back."

Ryo

"What?..."

Lightly, you laid him against the wall, trying to hide him with the debris from the building.

Because of all the combat, the whole ass building started falling apart. Literal 200-pound demons were being thrown across the place, it's just what you expect.

???

"Please Lilith, just die. It's honestly that simple, why can't you do it?"

You

...

???

"Why won't you speak to me?!-"

You

"God- That's because Lilith doesn't have full control of my body, you fucking dumbass! Jeez, I thought you were a demon!"

???

"Oh? So you're telling me she doesn't possess the power of fully taking control of a human's body?"

You

"No, that's my decision."

???

"Well- What is she saying?! You have to at least be hearing voices that don't belong to you, right?!"

You

"She says..."

???

"What?! What is this bitch saying?!"

You

"Nothing."

Out of pure rage, the demon started picking up debris from the building and started to throw them right at you. 

You took a larger piece of debris and used it to block yourself, finally using your brain. She continued to throw broken building parts, but now that she was aware of something, she targeted your hands, which were still uncovered.

Your left hand was hit, and it became weakened, causing you to release one side of the item you were clutching. You lost control and dropped the large piece as a result of this. You'd been exposed, and the demon was closing in on you.

You were so preoccupied with attempting to heal your hand that you didn't know this demon was about to smack you in the face. And she was fortunate in doing so. She struck you across the face sharply and all at once, her sharp ass claws stabbed right through your gut.

God, how her nails were so long but yet so fucking sharp.

Lilith left your body, giving you a sign that you were... Quite close to death.