Chapter 7 [Satan Bath]

You

"I was never assigned the role of the antagonist. Ever. To keep your reputation at a decent level, you've gotta be nice, right? Every day, in interviews, just on the street, I was always kind to everyone just so that they thought nice of me... When I'm around people like you, I can actually be myself. Which is probably the "me" that you don't prefer."

Akira

"I did expect you to be the kind of really nice person and shit like that, but at least you get to be yourself. I don't think you should be forcing yourself to be someone you don't want to be."

You

"You've got a point there."

The both of you continued talking more about experiences in your lives, the topics frequently getting changed by the both of you. For the rest of the time, until Ryo woke up, all you did was talk.

Ryo exited his room, a fat cast on his arm, and very messy hair.

Ryo

"You were too noisy last night."

You

"Ha! I told you that you were being too loud!"

You exclaimed.

Akira

"Me?! You were speaking loud too!"

Ryo

*Sigh* "It doesn't matter anymore, the night's over. I hope you both had a good rest."

The both of you snickered, knowing damn well that you didn't shut your eyes once.

Ryo

"What?... What is it?" Why are they laughing like that?...

Akira

"We uh... We- We didn't sleep-" 

And then Akira burst out in laughter.

You

"Akira, what the fuck?! It's not even- Not even that funny!"

You said, losing your breath as both of you were laying on the ground, holding your stomachs.

Ryo

"Why didn't you sleep? Even though we don't have a big day, it's still important to rest, y'know."

You

"Is it?... Is it really thaaaat important to get sleep?..."

Ryo

"Yes. You saved us from last night and fought a ton of demons. Surely you need rest."

You

"But... I'm not sleepy."

Ryo

"Then be sleepy."

You

"It's not that simple!"

Ryo

"Let's go to that junkyard again."

Ryo said, instantly changing the topic when an idea came to his mind.

You

"Huh?... Why?"

Ryo

"I plan to bring you to a party."

You

"A party... At a junkyard?"