CHAPTER 20

I am in my seventh month and honestly everything is a struggle. Waking up is a struggle. Sitting up straight is a struggle. Walking is a struggle. I even struggle to lie down or find the perfect sleeping position. Luckily one of the gifts from the gender reveal party were pregnancy pillows. So they really help with the sitting and sleeping part. But one thing which is a major problem is the fatigue. I am always fuckin tired. Like every single hour of the day and then insomnia hits me every night when the clock strikes 00:00. Luckily I have taken a maternity leave because I would’ve honestly fallen asleep at work with the way my body is functioning these days.

Apart from the tiring pregnancy, I managed to get a wedding dress but the designer said I should come after every two weeks for measurements, just so my dress isn’t too tight or too big on my wedding day. I am sure she would’ve told me to go on a diet if I wasn’t pregnant. I opted for a blush sleeveless princess gown with rhinestones. Well people will think they are rhinestones but they are actually real pink diamonds. At Pride, we never run out of those. So when an opportunity presents itself, we have to shine. And what a better occasion to do it than on my wedding day? This wedding is not going to be my dream wedding because I will probably look like a fat cow. When I told Ndabe that we are going to redo our wedding on our first anniversary, he laughed but he said he is going to give me whatever I want. I am going to be one spoiled wife, I am telling you.

Today is the wedding dinner of Ma’Khanyi and Gareth. She invited my family but I don’t know if they are going to show up. They have officially cut ties with me and blocked me everywhere. Tristin, who often visits them, told me that they don’t even talk or ask about me. They just consider me dead. I swear if I was given an opportunity to choose parents right now, I would choose Ma’Khanyi and Gareth. They are so caring and they always check up on me. Whenever Gareth is going to come over to the house, he calls first to ask what I am craving. Honestly he is father goals and I am really happy for him and Ma’Khanyi.

Finding an outfit for the dinner was very hard. If I was the old Dakota, I would’ve bought a cute mini dress and paired it with beautiful heels. But now I am only limited to maxi dresses and sandals. Life of a pregnant woman. I should really star in a reality show and show people how hard pregnancy is so that they won’t hit it raw without any back up plan.
Londy comes in with my dress. It’s a print long sleeve stand collar fashion regular dress. At least it’s not floor length. It only stops on my knees. I smile as I stand up and put it on, with her help of course. She also helps me put on my yellow sandals and hands me my yellow handbag.

“You look really cute today, baby mama. This dress is doing wonders on you. I am sure Mpisi is going to be drooling the entire evening.” She says with a wide smile. She is wearing a ‘Daniella’ lemon floral balcony corset dress with point toe chain décor clear stiletto heels. She looks stunning.
“I am sure my brother is the one who won’t be able to keep his eyes off you today.” She giggles and rolls her eyes.
“Come on, let’s bounce.” She takes my baby bag and we both head out. She is riding with the twins and Tristin who is already waiting for her in the driveway. Ndabe is also here with Ahlelelwe.

We all exchange greetings before Londy hands my baby bag to Ndabe. We climb inside the cars and drive off. Ahlelelwe is not her usual chatty self today, but that’s because she is watching her favourite cartoons from her new tablet which her grandmother got for her as an early birthday present. Her birthday is next week. I was really keen on planning it but my condition stopped me, which is why I asked Londy to help me. Honestly, I don’t know what I would do without that Mnguni girl. I still remember the first time we met. It feels like yesterday but it’s actually close to three years ago.

“What is it that’s got you smiling like this?” Ndabe asks squeezing my hand gently. I smile at him.
“I am just thinking about Londy. She is more than a friend to me. She is like my sister and I am really grateful to have her in my life. If I could, I would open my heart so that she can see how much I love her.” he smiles.
“She knows baby and she feels the same way about you.” he looks at Ahlelelwe in the mirror and then focuses on the road. “How are the plans coming along for next week?”