CHAPTER 43

LONDEKA MNGUNI

Everyone was looking forward to the arrival of baby Elmira. I felt a strong connection to her. Mrs. Mpisi, the supermodel, didn't mind that I visited her every day. I'm completely smitten with her. Pity I couldn't post her, but as soon as she's cleared, I'm going to start an Instagram page for her and turn her into my little model. She'll soon be my toddler in a tiara. She's a month old now, and her placenta has dropped, so she can have more visitors, but she'll be going to the bundus soon. It's also time for me and Tristin to leave for our trip, which I'm really looking forward to.

When I told my mother, I expected her to be against it or at the very least concerned, but the woman encouraged me. She even bought me a nice dress, which she said I should wear on our last night together, wherever this man of mine takes me.

“What Tristin is doing is so cute.” Lwah beams, sitting on the edge of my bed. She is one of the few people to see me take off. But instead of helping me with my last minute, she is sipping on some champagne. But I am glad she is here. “She reminds me of Vuyo. So romantic.” I smile.

“I actually thought I will lose him at some point.” She gives me that ‘elaborate’ look. I sigh. “An ex of his once came hard at him. This one time we were chilling at his apartment and she showed up. She didn’t even acknowledge me. She just squeezed herself in between Tristin and I, then she said she was the perfect woman for him. He didn’t deserve a little girl on his corner, rather a strong woman. So I dumped him and he came back to his senses.”

“I understand exactly what you’re saying. A man must know your worth and must acknowledge it. If not, he is not worth your love.” her statement is short but so true.
“I don’t think I would’ve been preparing for a trip like this if I didn’t stand my ground.”

“How did he ask you out?” I laugh when I remember how our relationship started.
“He just claimed me as his from the get go.” She smiles.
“Adorable.” She looks around. “I think you have all that you need.” She stands up and retrieves a small gift bag from her handbag. “Don’t open this until you get to your destination.”
“Is it a bomb?” she laughs.
“If I wanted to kill you, I would’ve done so a long time ago.” I take the gift.

“Thank you, sisi.” We both hug and she helps me with my luggage. We head to the entryway where my siblings are waiting with mom and Yamihle. “Don’t cry. I am only leaving for a week.” they laugh.
“Travel safely, my child.” Mom is the first one to hug me, followed by my siblings. Well Yamihle mirrors their actions. I am pretty sure she has no clue of what’s going on.

“When is she starting crèche?” I ask. My sister laughs.
“I think mom should register her. Vuyo won’t say no to you.” Lwah states and mom laughs. She bends to pick up Yamihle. “We should leave now if we don’t want you to miss your flight.”
They see me out and help with packing my luggage in Lwah’s i8. She straps in Yamihle in the backseat and we both climb inside. She plays some music before driving off.
“Where is bhut Luvuyo?” I ask and she smiles.

“He is in Durban but he is coming later tonight. He knows I can’t sleep without him by my side.” It’s one thing to read about a perfect marriage but seeing it everyday near you just gives you hope that yours will be like that. Bhut Luvuyo has proved that he loves Yamihle more than sis Lwah but he can’t survive 24 hours without his wife and they never sleep on separate houses.

We arrive at the airport and as we climb off the car, I spot my boyfriend standing with his brother. I unload my luggage and wheel them to where he is standing.

“Hey Londie.” Taylor smiles and steps forward to hug me first. I hug him back with the same enthusiasm.
“Hey, Taylor. It’s nice to see you.” sis Lwah and Yamie also come and stand next to us. I scream when I spot Dakota behind him carrying little Elmira. “Babe. OMG! I was not expecting to see you.” I take Elmira from her hands and side hug my best friend.