chapter 22

NARRATED
Danvers got into the underground club where most of the gang members were gathered. It was literally built underground. It is almost 20 feet below the ground level. It took a lot of money and time to have this built and the end result made all the trouble seem worth it. He walked to where Thabi was talking with one of her underbosses. They were laughing about something. He cleared his throat as he stood in front of them. Thabi quickly straightened up then dismissed the underboss.

“Is everything okay? Did something happen to sosha?” Thabi asked with a worried tone.
“No. she is okay. I just have a fish to catch and I need your permission to go fishing because the waters I will fish on might be too shallow with dangerous predators.” Danvers said.
“Nobody is more dangerous than me, D.” Thabi said with a smirk and Danvers chuckled. “Now who do you want to go after?”

“You know Fortunate, right?”
“Thandeka’s friend?” Danvers nodded. “Ohh yeah. I do know her. Are you still smashing that chick?” Danver’s eyes popped out but he quickly recovered, not quickly enough though because Thabi had seen him and she laughed at him.

“We have never smashed, boss. Not even once. The thing is, I have some feelings for her but I never went for her because I thought she was in a happy relationship with her baby daddy. But I recently found out that she broke up with him ages ago. He has been abusing her physically, sexually, emotionally while still together and after they have broken up. I hear he is well connected. So I wanna take him out bur first I want to make sure that Fortunate is reconciled with her daughter.”

“So you want to kidnap the kid, deliver her to her mother and then kill the father?” Thabi asked with a mischievous smile on her face. She loved stirring up trouble and this seemed like an adventure to her.
“Yes. That sounds about right.” Thabi nodded.

“We can do it tomorrow night. We will go to his house with guns blazing. Take the kid, drug her before she sees anything and then tie up the fucker before burning him alive with the house. But we will make sure he has taken his last breath before leaving. We don’t want his half dead ass coming to bite us back in the ass.” Thabi said with a wide smile as she was already picturing the image she has painted and she could hear the man’s screams.

“Should I tell Fortunate?” Danvers asked.
“No. don’t count your chickens before they hatch. We are pros and we never fail, I know that. But I think telling her afterwards will be more nice. I can already imagine the headlines.” She said laughing and Danvers just shook his head. His boss could be a bit unhinged at times but he was used to it.

«««»»»
I slept at Ndabe’s house so that I wouldn’t have to drive here early in the morning, just to wish my angel a ‘happy birthday’. Yesterday before coming here, I went to fetch a miniature cake at Noluh’s place for the morning celebration. Waking up, I pat next to me and my hand comes up empty. Where the hell is this man so early in the morning? Anyways today is not about him.

I climb off the bed and go shower. 2 months left and the time seems to be moving too slowly now that I am supposed to give birth. Baby Gram is getting heavier each day. Anyways today is also not about her. I get dressed in leggings, Ndabe’s oversized t-shirt and sleepers. My hair is such a mess. I am supposed to go on a hair appointment with Ahlelelwe at 9 am. So I am hoping the hairdresser will sort out this mess. I take a doek and put it on.

I walk downstairs and find Asimbonge with Ndabe chatting about something. I greet them and they greet me back. I take out the miniature cake from the fridge and place it on the island. I then put 9 candles on it and light it up.
“Let’s go wake the princess up.” I say to the two Mpisi men.
“Let me quickly get the paper plates. Good morning everyone.” Tshedza says in a rather good mood. We didn’t further our talk from yesterday but she didn’t say any rude remarks or anything disrespectful after it.