CHAPTER 23

This is a child’s party and the people we invited were the kids in her class which their parents were going to drop off, her friends, the Mpisi family, my family (Mnguni/Sithole and Pride) and some of Ndabe’s friends and colleagues. I didn’t think it would be this full. It’s like a full blown adult party. And people are actually dressed to impress. Like they are going to some cocktail event. Anyways I head to Ahlelelwe’s room and help her get dressed in a yellow tutu dress with black shoes. That’s the theme. She also urged everyone in the house to stick to it. So Ndabe is wearing a yellow gold t-shirt with black jeans and yellow Bathu sneakers. He doesn’t own a single pair of colourful shoes except for this one, which I forced him to buy so that he can stick to the theme.

“I look so pretty.” Ahle says twirling in front of the mirror. I chuckle. The child has so much confidence. She doesn’t mind complimenting herself even though she wants people to compliment her from time to time. She said she didn’t want a kiddie’s tiara to make her look like a kid. Instead she asked her father to get her a real one. That’s why she is wearing a gold tiara from Etsy with matching earrings, necklace and a bracelet. “Go get changed mommy so that the party can start.”

“It can start without me, princess.”

“But I don’t want it to.” she says pouting. Luckily Tshedza comes to my rescue. She is wearing yellow cotton shorts with a black crop top and black heels. I don’t know if Ndabe will be comfortable about his sixteen year old daughter dressed like this, but I am not going to say anything.

“Come, Ahle. Let’s go take some pictures together while sis Dakota gets dressed.” Wow. I have upgraded to sisi. That’s an improvement. I smile at her and head to Ndabe’s room. I take off the clothes I was wearing and lay in the bed for a few moments, just catching my breath.

I hear the door opening and closing before hearing Londy’s voice. “Oww please don’t tell me you’re sleeping. Dakota we don’t have time for that. People are literally waiting for you outside.” I grunt before sitting up.

“Help me get dressed ke.” She rolls her eyes.

“Sit up.” she goes to take my black Bathu sneakers and helps me put them on first before helping me with my yellow tutu dress which is short at the front and has a long trail at the back. “I swear this is your baby shower or something, and I love what you’ve done with your hair.” She touches it. I smile.

“Thank you.”

“Let me brush it a bit and then we will be good to go.” She goes to take a brush from the dressing table and brushes my hair. “I saw Mpisi’s older daughter. She didn’t look like she had the bitchy attitude anymore. Are you guys cool?” I shrug.

“Sort of. I opened up to her yesterday. Now I don’t know if she is being genuine of being fake. But today is not about her, so I don’t care about her feelings. It’s Ahlelelwe’s day. The only person in this family, besides the one I am screwing, who has loved me and been real with me since day one.”

“Now let’s go to her party before she starts crying.” we both laugh.

I take my phone and we both head out. I made sure to lock Ndabe’s room before heading to the lounge. Asimbonge is the only one whose outfit I didn’t see. He is dressed like his sister. A black golf t-shirt, yellow cotton pants and black Bathu sneakers. That’s my doing though. Bathu should make us their ambassador coz wow.