CHAPTER 29

I am disturbed by a knock from my deep slumber. Hlalumi is such a busy child. The entire week has been so busy. She wants to play every single moment. I only get rest when she is taking a nap. I am planning on getting her into a school nearby because I don't trust anyone in her previous school. Anyways I get up from the bed and take my gun from the top shelf in my closet. I walk to the lounge and stand before the door.

"Who is it?"
"It's me, Danvers." I frown and open the door without hiding my gun. He eyes it first and chuckles. "I am harmless, I swear." I nod.
"Come in." I step back and he enters. I close the door after him. He goes to sit on the couch and I stand a few feet from him. "What can I help you with?"

"You can start by putting the gun away. I am not here to harm you or your child. I am sure you wouldn't be comfortable with her seeing you carrying that." I frown.
"What do you know about my daughter?" he smiles.

"Who do you think brought her home?" my eyes pop out. "Chill. I don't want anything in return. Okay, maybe a chance to get her to know her mother better. But other than that, I don't want anything from you." I sit down on the floor and stare at him. I hear a door opening and small footsteps nearing. I quickly slide the gun under the sofa.

"Mommy, where are you?" she asks before appearing in the lounge dragging her small throw. She is so cute. She is only 5 years old and she just completes me.
"Hey baby. Come here." she has that cute frown on her face and she is rubbing her eyes.

"Why are you sitting on the floor?" I chuckle. She comes and snuggles herself on my lap. "Who is he?" she asks in a lower voice her eyes travelling between me and Danvers. Danvers chuckles.
"He is my friend." She nods. "Have you brushed your teeth?" she shakes her head. "How about you go brush them now and I go make us something to eat?" she nods.

"Nice to meet you, mommy's friend." She stands up and goes to shake Danvers' hands before heading out leaving Danvers smiling like a kid in a candy store.
"She is so beautiful and just perfect." He says.
"Yeah, wait till she gets used to you and makes you play 12 hours a day, only resting when she takes a nap." He laughs.

"But it must be nice to have her back. I am sure you enjoy even the annoying moments." I smile and nod. "Anyways I am here to take you to Q's funeral and before you say no, you need this. Your child need this and please don't worry, I have a team of guards to escort you there." I sigh.

"Thank you. What time are we supposed to leave in?"
"In an hour." I nod.
"Do you want something to eat?" he nods.
"I will have whatever you're making."
"Even umfudumezo?" I ask with a smirk and he frowns.
"What is that?" I laugh before standing up and heading to the kitchen. He follows me.

"So Dakota is the one who approached you?" he nods. "How much did she offer you?" he chuckles.
"I have a soft spot for the pregnant twin, so" he shrugs and I laugh.

«««»»»
SQUASH
My girlfriend has been sick for a while now. We have been to the doctor multiple times and they have said it's just migraine, nothing hectic but I can see that whatever that is going on with her is killing her. She likes to bury things and move on. Most importantly, she likes her job so much. So that's why she went to work, even with the Sitholes away.

I get to the Sithole mansion and head to the lounge. I find her sleeping on the couch. I go shake her and she opens her eyes and looks around.

"Gosh I must've fallen asleep while watching the TV." She says when her eyes meet mine. I frown.
"But love the TV was not on." She squints her eyes at the TV and back at me.

"Ohh, I didn't realize. Let me get my bag so that we can leave." She stands up. She is shaking and it looks like she is dizzy. I quickly catch her before she falls back to the couch. "Nice catch." She says breathlessly.