Chapter 18: The photo

Noah's POV

It has been a few weeks since the pregnancy scare. Dixie and I have been working on school work and just being with each other. She makes me the happiest person alive. She lights up every room she walks into, and have I metioned that she is the most beautiful girl in the world? Her face and plump lips and the way her hair falls past her shoulders. She is just so goddamn sexy at all times.

It was a Sunday afternoon and I decided that I would set up a cute little date for us in her backyard. She has a pool for us to swim in and a firepit we can sit around later tonight. Right now, she is at her friends Samantha's house and told me to come over later tonight to hangout. I told her okay but I decided to go to her house and set up the cute little date I had planned.

I went to Walmart and got some roses and a cute clear vase for them. Then I headed to the frozen meat isle and got some burgers to grill for us and some chips and dip. I then walked to the candy isle and got some gummy worms and chocolate. She also loves coke so I got a case of that.

After getting the food and roses, I headed to the checkout line and checked out. As I was walking to the car, Dixie called me. I picked up the phone and answered.

Noah: Hey babygirl. What's up?

Dixie: Hi baby. I don't think I will be home at 5:30. Samantha is inviting some more friends over and we are gonna play games. I think I will be home around 7:00. Is that okay?

Noah: Yeah baby, that's fine. Have fun and be safe. I will see you at 7:00.

Dixie: Okay. I love you!

Noah: I love you too. Bye.

This gave me time to cook before she got home because it was now 4:45.

I got to her house and opened the door with the extra key Dixie gave me. Once I got inside, I put water in the vase and put the roses in it. I brought them outside and set them on the table we were gonna eat at.

I then decided to go upstairs and change into my swimtrunks and a t-shirt. I headed downstairs and sat on the couch to watch TV because I didn't need to start the food until 6:15-6:30ish.

After my show, I looked down at my phone to check the time. 6:47. Oh fuck. I got up and grabbed the burgers and cheese and headed out back to start grilling. I seasoned the patties and added cheese once they were all cooked up.

I put the burgers on a platter and then set them on the table where we were gonna eat. Looking down at the clock, it said 7:15. She must be running late so I just texted her and said "Hey baby. You on your way home?"

I went to the kitchen and grabbed condiments and the buns. I also grabbed the chips and dip and brought it all outside. As I sat down, I realized that I needed to get the coke from the fridge and write Dix a little note that said to meet me in the back.

After I did that I walked back outside and sat down waiting for her to be back home. I looked at my phone to see if she texted back but she hadn't. She did read the message 15 minutes ago. What the fuck? Did I do something? Is she okay? I decided to DM Samantha on Instagram because I did not have her number. I got no response.

I then saw that Dixie posted something on her story 5 mintues ago. I opened her story and my heart dropped. There was a photo of her and a guy hugging with a caption that said "I missed you." The guy looked to be around our age and he had black wavy hair. He picked her up off the ground and had his hand on her butt while looking at her in the eyes.

(This is what the photo kind of looked like.)

They looked as if they were about to kiss

They looked as if they were about to kiss. My eyes started to water and I threw my phone across the backyard and it hit the fence and broke. I then hit the table and screamed. Fuck, I was so hurt and betrayed.

I got up from where I was sitting and walked inside and started sobbing. I fell to my knees and just stayed in that position for what felt like hours. I soon got up when I ran out of tears. I walked to the couch and grabbed a blanket and lied down on the couch. My head was pounding from the crying and my nose was running.

I snuggled into the blanket and soon drifted off into a deep slumber.

Dixie's POV

Noah texted me where I was and as I was about to leave the party that Samantha threw together and text him back, I saw someone. He was my bestfriend from when I was a child. I used to have a major crush on him back then. His name was Jasper. I stopped in my tracks and ran up to him. He picked me up off the ground and looked into my eyes and said "Hey Dix. I've missed you!" "AHHH! Jasper. I missed you more," I screamed as he hugged me close to him.

He set me down and hugged me again. He looked quite good. I had butterflies when he picked me up. I had always had feelings for him but I thought they were gone. I love Noah with everything in me and I would never cheat on him but I couldn't just push the feelings away.

He looked down at me and pushed a hair behind my ear and said "Hey pumpkin. How have you been?" He has always called me pumpkin and it made me smile. "I have been pretty good. How are you? I don't think I have seen you since we were like 13," I said. "I am also good. It feels like longer. I've missed my best friend!" "I have missed you so much Jasper!" I said squeling. "How has it been since your parents? I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to the funeral." "Hey no it's okay. Uhm it was really hard in th beginning but I went to therapy and then I met my now boyfriend and he has helped me a lot," I said smiling.

"Oh, you have a boyfriend? That's nice," he said forcing a smile. "Yeah. His name is Noah and he is the best." "Well good. I am glad that you found someone who makes you so happy." "Thank you! I would love for you to meet him," I said.

"Yeah. Uhm. Anyways, I think I should get going but you should definitley text me and we could hang out soon while I am in town."

"Yeah for sure," I said as I hugged him again.

After that we said our goodbyes and then I had a few more drinks. Then I got in my car to head home. Once I started my car up, I got a message from my friend Kate with a picture of me hugging Jasper. I smiled at the photo and then decided to post it on my story.

I started to head home and decided that I should stop at the grocery store and get a few items.

I walked into the grocery store and walked around and got milk, eggs, pancake mix, bacon, sausage, waffles, muffins, chips, soda, chicken, steak, burgers, fries, and other snacks for the next couple of weeks.

After about an hour of shopping around, I realized that I forgot to text Noah. Fuck, it's already 9:00. I took my phone out and texted him that I was shopping and that I would be home in the next 20 minutes. No response. He's probably pissed.

I got in the car and then drove home. Once I got home, I got all the groceries and headed inside. I set everything on the counter and that's when I saw the note that said to meet Noah in the backyard. Next to it was a vase with flowers. Aww, he is so sweet.

I walked out back and saw that there were burgers and chips on the table and then I looked to my right and saw his phone smashed next to the fence. Shit, he's pissed.

I walked back inside and went up to my room to see if he was there. No Noah. I walked back down the stairs and saw that Noah was in the living room on the couch. I walked closer to him and saw that he was sleeping with tear stained cheeks.

My heart broke and I reached my hand down and rubbed his head and kissed him a few times. He shot his eyes open and gently pushed me off of him. "Please Dixie. Don't touch me right now," he said tearing up and looking down.

"Noah baby. I'm sorry I'm late. Time slipped and I forgot to text you back," I said apolitically. "Yeah time slipped because you were fucking around with some dude. Honestly, fuck you. I'm so done. I can't believe you would post something on your story like that and expect me not to get mad. Or jump to conclusions. You may not have kissed him but have you seen the photo? What did you expect me to think? I don't care what you have to say. I'm leaving," he said sobbing.

He got up and I tried to open my mouth but he interrupted me and said "Please don't talk to me. I love you Dixie but I can't do this right now." Tears started to flood my eyes as he walked out the door. My legs started to wobble as I sat on the couch and sobbed. Fuck I'm so stupid. Why would I post something like that.

I took my phone out and looked at the photo again. It really does look like we are about to kiss. I didn't even realize how disrespectful this was to Noah when I posted it.

A/N
Ahhh they are in a fight. A serious one too.
Thanks for reading! Love you all!