Six Months.

Leelan 

What made me say that? 

I just knew father was going to kill me!

 I told Meeah I was going to see my father. I made sure she knew I’d come back before the end of the night. She nodded and I made my way to fathers office. Walking into his office, I didn’t even get to say a thing.

“Leelan, what were you thinking? We know nothing about her, for you to offer her a place to stay!” That angered me, so I didn’t let him continue. 

“I don’t know why! But, I know it felt right. It felt like it was what I am supposed to do. I have to save her no matter what!” He stared at me. 

“Is she your mate, son?” I looked at him… does he not listen? “I don’t know, father. She’s only fifteen, I wouldn’t know until she turns sixteen.” Knowing I was right, he only stared at me blankly. 

“She’ll stay until her birthday. If she isn’t your mate, she will go.” He walked out. Jokes on him, she’s not going anywhere! Over my dead body. 

I ran back to the pack hospital, I just wanted to be with her. I made my way into her room, she was sound asleep. She must have been so exhausted. I was only gone for fifteen minutes. I wondered what else she had gone through and how much time had truly gone by. 

There I was, sitting in a chair really looking at her. Her long, silky black hair. Her pale white skin. Her plumped pink lips. The light freckles on her face. That little button nose of hers. She was definitely a beauty! And those eyes! Holy moly those emerald eyes! 

Mesmerized by her beauty a good thirty minutes had gone by. It was close to 8:00 pm and I’d have to head home to get ready for the next school day. I couldn’t miss my second day of school. I was hoping she would wake up soon, so I could at least say good night. And I’d definitely be back after school. 

Suddenly, I heard ruffling and some groans. I looked and saw that she seemed to be waking up. Her eyes fluttered open and met mine. Those captivating emerald eyes… Goddess, what was it about that girl? I was brought out of my thoughts by the sweet voice of Meeah.

“Hi…Leelan” I smiled. “Hello Meeah, how are you? I have school in the morning, so I’d have to head out in a few. But, I wanted to check up on you first.” She looked up at me. 

“I’m ok.” She gave a small smile. “I’ll come after school tom-..” she interrupted me.

 “School?” Did she not hear me the first time? Why was she so surprised? 

“Yes, school, when you’re ready, would you want to attend?” With her head down she whispered, Thank Goddess for werewolf hearing because I barely heard her.

“Last time I was in school, was before the attack… wait… what month are we in?” I could see the slight panic behind that question. She really didn’t know how long she was out there all alone.

“It’s the end of August.” Her eyes grew wide. 

“Oh NO! No no no!” She began to cry. I rushed to her and placed my hand on her shoulder. She began to sob. What should I do? She looked up at me with eyes full of tears and pain. 

“It’s been six months…” She said barely above a whisper. This girl really loved to whisper. 

“Six months without my parents… six months without my pack… my friends… my home… six months…” She sobbed some more. 

I couldn’t do this, so I pulled her into a hug. It felt amazing, she fit so perfectly. Goddess, what is all of this? We just met, but I feel like I’ve always known her.

 “I’m here, it’ll be ok and it’ll get better with time. I won’t leave you.” I meant every word and mumbled, “I’ll protect you, even if my life is at risk… No one will hurt you. Over my dead body. My little wolf.” I know she didn’t hear that, maybe one day I could actually say it to her face.. I felt her loosening her grip. 

“Thank you… one day I’ll be back in school.” She smiled. “Don’t worry I’ll make it happen. I’ll speak to my father, hopefully you’ll go to my school. You’re a junior right?” She nodded. 

“I was a good student.” I smiled “Well sadly I have to go. I’ll be right here after school. Good night Meeah.” I hugged her tight. “I’ll let you know what father says.” She smiled. 

“I also heard that you'll be discharged tomorrow, so I’ll show you to your new room.” We both smiled and I waved before heading to the pack house. 

Goddess, why was she owning my mind? Who is she? She had taken over everything… even my heart… Such weird feelings it all was.