Fear.

Leelan

I barge into her room and start shaking her, calling her name. Once her eyes opened, I tried calming her down. She’s crying, I wiped her tears and she hugged me. I hold her until she is no longer crying. She feels so good in my arms that I don’t even want to let her go.

I continued to hold her until I heard her whisper a name. Alpha Cain? Did I hear correctly? Alpha Cain?? Why on earth would she be mentioning Alpha Cain?? That’s the Alpha that just recently left! The one that bumped me! The one that father stated is now an enemy… 

How does he know my Meeah? 

So I asked her how she knew him. I’m so confused, worried, and angry. She explained everything… he was the Alpha who had killed her parents, her pack. But why? Was it over property as well? She says he’s coming for her… but why? Why would he want to take her? She hesitated to tell me why, but I reminded her that I’m here and I always will be. But, before I completed what I was going to say she cut me off with something I never would’ve expected. 

“…Over your dead body…” 

How did she hear that? I barely even said it in a whisper. When I asked how, she said she was different.. But how is it different? I mean I know she’s different because she’s caught my eye. But I don’t think that’s the kind of difference she’s talking about. And the answer she gave me was not the answer I expected. 

A hybrid with Alpha blood! How did I not sense it?

Wait! 

Cain was here! 

Does he know she’s here? We have to tell father! I try to tell her he was here and before I get to say much she’s fainting. “Father!” I scream in the mink link, “I need you in Meeah's room! It’s urgent!” It took him a few minutes before he reached the room. Meeah is still out, so I called the pack doctor. 

“Father, before the pack doctor arrives, there’s something I need to tell you…” he nods. “We need to protect her!” He looked confused, “And why is that?” The pack doctor comes in, so I can’t say too much. “She will explain when she is ready, but what I will say is that she is very special.” I turned to the doctor. 

“Will she be ok?” He looks up at me, “She’s in a deep sleep, what caused it?” I hesitated, “She heard something that upset her, she panicked and fainted.” He looked at her again, “Just let her rest, she should be up within the next hour or two.” I nod and thank him as he leaves. I turn to my father, “I’ll let you know when she’s up and ready.” With that he got up and went to his office. I’ll stay here until she wakes up.

It’s been a little over an hour and she still hasn’t woken up. “Little wolf… please wake up.” I kissed her head. She stirred in her sleep. Is she finally waking up? 

“Little wolf?” I whispered. “Hmm…” The beauty is up. Goddess, why can’t I already know if she’s really mine or not. She stirs again, “Leelan?'' Her raspy little voice is so cute. I got her some water and she drank it. “Yes little wolf?” I smiled. “I’m ready.” Was all she said, but I understood. 

“Father, we are on our way.” I mind linked him.