Escape.

Meeah

It had been another two or three days. I honestly wasn’t sure, time just seemed to slip. I didn’t know what was up with me. Once I went to sleep, I wouldn’t wake up for a day or two. Maybe even three days. I wasn’t understanding why. And it wasn’t like I dreamed or anything… Ash was being really quiet. It scared me just a little…  

Someone walked into the room and I smelled food. So I knew it was Lilly. 

“Hey Meeah.” She said as she walked in. She brought me a tray with food and I gave her a small smile. 

“Hi Lilly, thank you for everything.” she gave me a smile back. But hers was a much bigger smile than mine. 

“You don’t need to thank me.” I began to eat silently. And a few moments later I heard her give a slight sigh. 

“Tomorrow is Thanksgiving…” I stopped eating. 

Thanksgiving… We were supposed to spend it together. But there I was… Still in Cains pack. 

She noticed my silence and asked if I was ok. I weakly smiled and nodded. I miss you leelan… I can’t wait to see you again. I said to no one in my mind. 

I continued to eat, until I ate all my food. I decided to just go to sleep... What else was there to do?

“Meeah…” I’m being shaken awake quietly. 

“Meeah!” She yelled in a whisper. I was slowly waking up and I saw Lilly. 

“Lilly?" I asked with a raspy voice. She handed me a cup of water and told me to drink it, so I did. She got really close and mumbled. 

“Eat this we’re leaving... Don’t react, no one knows.” I didn’t say a word, just did as she asked. We managed to leave, with no one in the way and no one catching us. 

Next thing I knew we were in the forest, but I didn’t know where we were going. 

“Lilly?" I whispered. 

“Yes?“ She responded, as she took a quick glance in my direction.  

“Where are we and where are we going?” I asked. 

“Please just trust me…” Was all she said.

And I didn’t know why, but I did.