School.

Meeah

Someone is trying to wake me up. “Five more minutes… please!” Giggles, who is this? “Meeah, you have to get up and get ready before Lee starts rushing us. Come on!” I groaned but slowly got up. Did the routine I was used to doing before the attack. Brushing off the sad thoughts, I went into the walk-in closet and chose some high-waisted jeans with a loose crop top. Some converse and put my hair up into a high ponytail. Now I’m ready to go. Leaving my room, I bump right into someone. 

“I’m so so-” I was interrupted by him, “It’s ok Meeah.” Oh, the sweetest of voices… “Good morning Leelan.” I smiled. “Good morning.” he returned the smile, and we made our way downstairs.

We made it to the school. Nervous isn’t the proper word to express how I’m feeling. My emotions are everywhere… Specially that Leelan had mentioned that this school isn’t just his pack. Another pack also comes here. Goddess, please don’t let them be the pack that killed mine. 

“Leelan…” I whispered. “Who’s pack is combined in this school?” I looked down. “Cairo is my good friend and next in line to be the Alpha of his pack. The Clover Mountain Pack. They’re great alis to our pack.” He smiled and we walked into the school. All eyes turn to me… We continue to walk and a girl walks up to Leelan and grabs his hand. For some reason her gestures bothered me. 

“Lee! I’ve missed you!” She screamed out. “Ceeana, you saw me yesterday. I told you to go bother someone else.” Her eyes snapped to me. “Who the hell are you?” Before I had the chance to speak, Leelan did. “Meeah. And Meeah this is Ceeana, Cairos sister.” She rolled her eyes and stomped away. I didn’t say anything and just followed Leelan. 

The first few periods flew by. I didn’t know anyone, so I just breezed through. Now it’s lunchtime, I walk into the cafeteria, after spending five minutes looking for it. All eyes are on me again… 

“Meeah!” I hear someone call out. It was Evalee, as she sat at a table with another girl. I went and grabbed some lunch and went to make my way to Evalees table. A few feet away from her table, someone tripped me.

“Ooops!” 

Everyone laughed… 

I got up, turned and ran. “Ceeana! What the hell is your problem!?” was the last thing I heard as I ran out the doors. I ran right into someone. “I’m sor-” interrupted someone says “And who are you?” I shook my head and ran. Stopped once I heard my name from the too familiar voice… Leelan. He caught up to me. 

“Hey what’s wro-” I didn't let him finish, “I want to go home Leelan…” Crying, I continued, “Please Leelan!” With worried eyes he said, “What happened? Why are you crying?” I shook my head.

“Leelan, please just take me home…” he nods, “I’ll excuse us for the rest of the day and we’ll leave ok?” I nod.

And that was my first day of Junior high.