Periwinkle

Characters: Ink, Dream, Blue, Periwinkle

3rd pov

The moment they appear in the strange place, the little girl hid her face on Ink's shirt as the sudden light was hurting their vision a lot, however, her little skull painfully bumped into Ink's stash instead and made one of his vial fall down on the ground.

-Easy there kiddo, murmured Ink thoughtfully as he managed to foil the vial's fall with his foot which made it fall without impact.

He let the colored vial down there alone as it wasn't significant at the moment, feeling that solving Sans' dilemma was a priority. The babybone who was snuggling in his shirt interrupted Outertale's current timeline, which also disturbed Undertale's, Underswap's, and Fluffytale's timelines too, and it was Ink's job to prevent anything to disturb the Aus.

Now, he didn't know what to do with her as the trouble have been kept away from the universes. It has been a while since he had to take care of little troublemakers, and that was quite evident, he couldn't remember how to.

-Maybe Dream will know what to— (oh...I forgot that babies sleep a lot...), he whispered in a weak voice as he held the child as tenderly as possible.

His grin flare-up stupidly as his mismatched eyes look down on the sleeping figure in his arms, giving her some sort of attention and protectiveness, as a parent would to their child.

Although that this small moment with the child and Ink was quite wholesome, the guardian had left the infant at the Doodle Sphere alone, to take care of another fight he would have with Error, letting his scarf around her like a blanket and some papers and crayons, totally not forgetting that at this age, babies can't draw or hold a pen.

It would only be a few hours later that the infant would wake up, still alone in an empty void, tearing up as they were being more and more hungry as the time passed.

They would move around, shifting from side to side, flipping their body over the back, and ending up tangled in Ink's scarf, without being able to free themselves as they were unable to move like an adult.

So they cried...

For a long while...

Until their cries were heard from a nonexistent ear, until their hopelessness was felt all across the multiverse from the purest soul.

[...]

Ink looks over at the infant with a beta attitude, his familiar eyes lights turning into concerned and confused dots, then to the one holding her with the most nervous sentiment possible.

He let out a small and very uncomfortable chuckle as let his stash and weapon lay down on the ground slowly. The skeleton beside the one holding the infant crosses his arms furiously as he keeps glaring down with pressure on the guardian for having stolen a child and left it alone in a vast place without feeding them at least.

-Ink, he called coldly.

-Dream, ...and Blue...,

The three of them stayed silent for a few minutes as only the little sound of the child sucking their milk hungrily in a baby bottle could be heard.

Dream sighs tiredly as he softens his glare, passing the child to Blue carefully, he freed his arms and grabbed his shoes.

Dream is originally Spanish, and having recourse to la chancla was very usual for him, even more, if it's about Ink.

And even though it wasn't a chancla that he had on his feet but some golden boots, it was as painful when thrown on the face.

-We can talk about this, you don't have to do that, ... Please?