Wha the duck doin

2nd part of Hungry day:

Characters: Periwinkle, Vil (Mentioned), Ink, Blue, Stretch (Mentioned), Dream, The duck, frogs & butterflies

3rd pov:

She grabbed a single blood-red Rose with carefulness, admiring the color it was emanating under the sunset, and put it inside of her basket, it was going to join her collection of pretty and delicious-looking plants to savor as a certain someone clearly decided to not feed her the entire day today.

Peri was absolutely mad at Vil for not taking care of her, it was half-past seven and she had no breakfast, no lunch, no snack for the afternoon, and no dinner. All day, she had been trying to suppress her hunger by playing in the garden, chasing the butterflies, playing in the mud which by the way she tried to clean up with the garden hose and end up soaking her clothes, collecting flowers and plants, and crying until she fell asleep.

And it was almost the night.

The garden was large with a great number of trees cornering the house with the living room's window being the only one having a perfect view that does not include the forest. Peri sat at the extremity of the garden which was a cliff with no barrier of protection. She posed her basket near her and pick a green apple.

She looks at it with little consideration, taking a bite and not giving a shit about her allergies. She was very hungry and a non-developed child needed to eat in order to grow in a perfectly good health. In addition, it wasn't even sure if she was really allergic to bananas, apples, and oranges, it was just a theory from Sci.

She gazed at the last sunray and picked another fruit that she had found in the forest, it was a juicy peach that she cleaned with the water from the puddle she had created with the garden hose. Eventually, she began eating the berries from the bushes and the plants from the ground too, thankfully they weren't toxic, just sour or too salty for some of them.

Peri stood up carefully from her spot and went back to play with the frogs and butterflies, if there were a thing that was replacing her phone from her previous life was these little creatures, she adored them. The frogs were all in various shapes and colors while the multicolored butterflies were flying all around her and something resting their body on Peri's skull. While she still had some energy, she was going to waste it by being a child, she was quite tense of always reading or watching lame baby shows on the TV, and going outside was not an everyday thing because Vil was too lazy.

-A duck? she said ou loud as she perceived the waterfowl peacefully moving in her self-made puddle. She looks around it for a second and began wondering where did it come from. There was no connection between the puddle and a pond, the duck could not have spawned out of anywhere. Peri let go of her basket, unknowingly letting the flowers tip down on the grass, and ran toward the duck excitedly. She leaned toward the edge of the separation between the water and the ground and smiled in admiration. The bird was a pure black duck with green dark eyes, it had a stain on its front head that almost had the form of a white heart, its beak was a pale yellow and its feet were a lively orange.

She grabbed a long stick with the same length of her entire arm and poked the bird ceaselessly until it grow angry and decided to quack and raise its wings highly to make her leave.

She didn't.

Instead, she laughed evilly and loudly, which sounded like a childish giggle to anyone, but only the duck and she could understand that. She tended her hands to pet the animal and it back away in the middle part of the puddle. She frowned and approached the edge, even more, making her chute inevitable.

Her left hand slips thanks to the mud and her whole body followed inside of the puddle. And to say that her clothes were finally dry from her previous bath with the garden hose, she was served. The duck seemed to mocked her with its two shiny green eyes, quacking madly as it start pivoting around her to tease the little skeleton.

She sniffed silently looking down at her body. Her pant was torn and she could see some scratched and bruises on her legs, her hands and arms were protected with her now-shred sweater, and she probably already had a few cuts on her face from the forest that were seriously starting to itch. Now, this looked bad-

-This looks bad... muttered a voice from behind her, sounding half worried, half-serious. Periwinkle looks behind her in surprise and widen her eyes when she saw both Blue and Ink standing right above her. She seemed so tiny and they looked so intimidating. Without the duck's consent, she grabbed it and clench her new pet tightly against her, ignoring its claws giving her new scratches in annoyance.

Blue approached more and picked the child by her arms, making sure to tend his so she doesn't get him some mud on his clothes. Ink's smile faded when he noticed the cuts and scratches all around her body, without missing the bruises and her clothes conditions, the child was in a real bad state. He takes off his glove and places his hand on her front head, sensing Peri's fatigue when her eyes dropdown. His hand was warm at her head's contact, from having stayed outside all day and played in the cold water full of bacteria, she got a fever that seemed already too high.

-Uh oh, Peri's sick, tired and dirty, what the hell is Vil doing anyway? He asked as he looked around, squinting his eyes. Periwinkle tiredly opened her eyes at the mention of Vil and looked up to Blue, demanding food and water, and mentioning that she didn't like the berries she ate recently. Both adults' faces pale up when she pointed with her mini finger a bush that contained red berries, it was cranberries, but the child could have eaten poisonous fruits.

-Don't worry little child, Ink and I will take care of this problem. Meanwhile, me and my brother will gratefully take care of you while Ink gets a few words done with Vil, alright? He wasn't directly speaking to Peri, his last words were for Ink who nodded sternly. Periwinkle didn't took any attention to it as she was tightly hugging Blue for warmth, she was freezing and the cold from the evening did not help. Her eyes dropped again and she fell asleep in Blue's arm, this time not waking up after hearing Vil's name being mentioned.

The bluish guardian separate his path with Ink's and went back in the Doodle Sphere with one of those black puddles where Dream was catching up his work. The reaction he had when he saw the child soaking in water and mud, injured everywhere on her body, and weakly holding on to Blue was... not describable.

All Blue could see was the paper that Dream was holding before was destroyed and shaped into a ball because of how hard he clenched his fists.