A strange hallucination

Characters: Vil, Periwinkle, Blue, Dream, Ink, ???, ???, ???, the spider.

3rd pov

It has been two months since the Star Sans argued about keeping Periwinkle around them, they had thought for a while about where she would stay and who would look out for her, Ink couldn't, simply because the protector wasn't qualified to play the nanny, Dream could partially be there, but of course, his time was limited and he keeps his mission of protecting the positives emotions in priority, and as for Blue, he was the aptest to take care of the infant, even if he didn't have that much of experience anymore, he still had the time and an older brother to help to raise them.

Ink considered that leaving Blue and Stretch take care of Peri in Underswap was a bit too much of a risk as many variants would interfere with the timeline and attack them.

Dream assumed that if the child were to stay in the Doodle Sphere, they could get caught and taken by almost every out-codes that illegally had access to the void, or get lost and get forgotten by the time.

And finally, Blue thought that Ink could create her own special place with some inhabitants, like a private copy of any positive alternative universe, and let him and his brother take care of her there.

In the end, Peri got to have her comfy place the following day, not too big to prevent gaining attention, and not too small so she could live calmly. The three protectors decided that it was best for her to temporarily have a guardian that would take care of her because even with Blue's, Dream's, and Stretch's presence, she would still have time to be alone.

Currently, Periwinkle was by the window, impatiently waiting for Dream and Blue to visit them. Normally, the both of them would visit today and stay for a few hours, unless they get caught in some sort of trouble, they would be either late or would have to leave earlier.

In either case, the child was happy.

Recently, about a few days ago, Peri starts seeing better and better, not that it was perfect but she no longer sees her surroundings blurry and all weird. Their guardian, named Vil Sans, had started teaching the child how to pronounce words and short phrases, believing that after 10 months old they could finally say a few basic words, such as 'yes & no', 'bye-bye', and 'hello'.

Of course, Peri already knew how to talk and pronounciate each word that the guardian would consider too hard for a young age, but Peri had to pretend.

Another example, she began training her legs to stand up without assistance nor support, Peri believes that, even by being a skeleton, exercising legs' muscles before starting to walk was needed, and turns out that everything was doing incredibly well. Peri was already able to climb on higher couches or chairs and even managed to get herself on a table, to Vil's worries.

Today was her record, while Vil was doing his usual lazy siesta, Peri escaped the nap time and went climbing by the window's small bar where she could sit, and open it wide to welcome the guardians better.

She might get grounded later but she didn't care that much.

After what felt like an eternity...

The time starts getting longer as she begins getting bored. She looks over the alarm clock that she had installed beside her so she could look over the time and cocked a brow down.

Why are they so late today? Wondered the little skeleton as they shift agitated. She couldn't help but sulk as she was hoping for them to come after their absence the two previous weeks. Of course, she knew how busy guardians could be but Vil said that they promised.

-There you are, lil Twinkle, are you that impatient for their arrival? Peri grumbled as she was held in the other's arms, like the baby she was, and made a sign to Vil to correct her name, forgetting that babies are not supposed to know sign languages.

-Woah kid... sign language? You impress me every day..., he whispered the last part as he walks away from the window with the child in his arms, heading toward the leaving room where they would look over some stupid cartoon and laugh around.

[...]

When they finally arrived at their home, Peri almost ran all the way here, forgetting her act for a moment, a delighted expression lingering on her face as she was prepared to jump and cuddle them, or should we precise, their legs as she was small, about 2.3 ft. (don't worry Ink, she won't be taller than you that sooner)

Vil chuckled quietly as he made someplace for the little cinnamon, letting the child run to them.

But Peri flinched and recoiled slightly at the sudden change. She was suddenly incapable of seeing anything other than red colors, everything was grey and dead-looking, it froze her on place. In front of her, Blue, Dream, and Ink we're standing together, discussing as always yet different. Blue was scary, headless, and covered in blood. His usual attire was replaced by one that contained darker colors than usual. On the other hand, Ink was creepily silent and staring. His usual smile and presence of infinite emotions were absent from his face. He was just staring, with white dots in his eyes, looking even more dead than a beheaded Blue. His bones were bruised and cracked all around his body, and his clothes were stained and torn apart, he looked miserable.

And lastly, Dream. He had... tendrils?

2nd pov

A single purplish tear run down your cheek as you restart breathing again, your arms and legs were numb but badly trembling, you really had the urge to puke.

One of them said something to another but you couldn't pinpoint what was it, you remember seeing their mouth moving but all you could hear was tinnitus loudly ringing in your nonexistent ear, what was his name again?

-Periwinkle? Aw, what's wrong? Asked Vil as he pats your head tenderly. You look back at him and then at the three in front of you.

You look at them again and blink confused, you swore having seen them but all corrupted and evil-like, was it all your imagination?

You shrug it out and let Vil lift you up in his arms again with a scarred face. The poor skeleton did not know what was wrong and why you were on the verge of crying and it appear that the three guardians were as confused as him until you point something with your finger.

This was an amazing idea, you thought, pointing one of your biggest fear across the room as an excuse, something that had been moving and disappearing every time, frightening you each time you'd see it move around.

Vil follow your finger and notice a little crawling beast going toward the ceiling with, countless creepy other of its kind.

He froze, disturbed.

Blue and Dream slowly turn around to face what was behind them, fearing anything that would come from that horror movie that they had watched not so long ago together, while Ink was spacing out, drawing on the carpet.

Yes... drawing.

-This isn't what I think it is? Asked Blue as he move behind Dream in anticipation. The embodiment of positive emotions chuckles nervously as he recoils slowly from the massive amount of those crappy little things, accidentally stepping on Blue's feet as both of them fall down on the parquet.

-Fat spida'! You almost perfectly pronounced with Vil glancing at you proudly, as your mind was now focused on those horrible creatures that are called spiders instead of those vague hallucinations.

Vil doesn't actually exist, I created him.