Ch 8

Months had passed since the incident and Riku's still training hard everyday. Currently, he's focusing his magic powers while blasting spells as a part of his training to improve his stamina and perfect his spells. It's a good thing that he's in the middle of a large forest which is far away from small towns and cities so that no one would've gotten hurt.

Feeling light headed, the red head stumbled a bit before falling onto his knees and then eventually on the ground. It looks like he has over worked himself again.

A large shadow blocks that sunlight, though it didn't really bothered him.

"Welcome back, Kitsune. How's everyone?" Riku asked.

Kitsune is a nine-tail fox which Riku found years ago when it was still small. Normally monsters are dangerous and hostile, by Riku learned the arts of taming along the way because of his kind heart and pure soul.

As a part of Kitsune's daily routine, he was to look out for IDOLiSH7, TRIGGER, Re:Vale, and ZOOL while hiding it's presence, to make sure that they are not in danger of any kind.

The fox gently rubbed its nose on Riku's face, worried. In a way, it's kind of like it's scolding Riku for going over his limits.

"Alright, alright... I'll make sure that I'll get some rest..." Riku sigh. He had been training since 5 in the morning without breaks and it's almost the evening.

The fox didn't reply. It simply just lifted Riku on its back and began walking back to his cottage to make sure that he got some rest before his night battles.

"Where are we patrolling tonight?" Riku asked.

It's not like Kitsune could speak, but because of how long they've been together for, it is almost like Riku could understand it like his using telepathy or something.

"Ah... Tokyo... It's been a while huh. Normally monsters would get past the barriers but it's better to be safer rather than sorry, right?" Riku smiled.

Every night, Riku would go around to towns and cities to ensure that no monsters broke into the barriers and try to harm humans. He would always attempt to solve the problem without blood shed but sometime, it just isn't that easy. It was part of his duty to make sure people's safe, and could been seen as a part of his training anyway.

As they arrived at the cottage, Riku opened the door as Kitsune shrink in size to be a normal sized fox, walked in, hopped on the couch and took a nap. Riku on the other hand went to take a bath before lying on his bed too.

The cottage may be messer than what it could be. But it didn't really bother him. During Riku's free time, he would come up with random tunes and sing them. Almost like making a song. The tables are filled with paper scattered all around with lyric and music ideas that he had in his head. It's not like the teen could just walk around town, knowing that he is still in danger and could cause people around him to be in danger. He basically had no form of entertainment but his phone, which he uses to check the news and inform Sogo, Nagi, and Minami about things.

***

As the sun sets, the two headed out towards Tokyo. Streets where still we'll lit up as citizens either return back home, head towards a bar with their coworkers, or high school students going out with their friends. With such crowded areas, it is rare for any monsters to show up so they checked the less crowded areas.

After several hours of walking around, there was no signs of any monster lurking around. Somehow, they ended up in a park were IDOLiSH7 once had their street performance before. The nostalgic memories came to Riku as he smiled fondly. Knowing that Takanashi Production is just around the corner, the decided to talk a detour before heading back.

Of the few minutes of walking there, Riku hummed IDOLiSH7's songs and sometimes make small dance gestures with his hands. Just as expected, it was completely dark inside. It was 1 in the morning so chances are, staffs went back home already.

Riku sat in front of the door, telling a quick version of he had been ever since he left and hid while Kitsune's curled up on his lap. To him, it was comforting, and almost like telling his second family what happened. He sees everyone in Takanashi Productions and IDOLiSH7 his family after all.

After the story telling us done, Riku got up and left. That is, until he heard a familiar voice.

"Leaving so soon? Come in and have a cup of tea, Riku-kun." Opening the door, Otoharu smiled at the teen, gesturing for him to enter.

"P-president?!? What are you doing here?!?" Riku shouted out surprised. He had though surely no one would've been here at this time. It looks like Otoharu has more surprised up his sleeves. It's not like he could reject his kind offer, so Riku hesitantly enter. "P-please excuse me..."

All the desk and furniture are still in the same place. The atmosphere felt comforting, just like a second home to him. Otoharu guided him to his office, where they sat of the couch.

Kinako was awaken from it's sleep by the guest that had entered the room. Both Kitsune and Kinako interacted with each other... more like they sat in silence looking at each other.

"How have you been, Riku-kun?" Otoharu asked.

"I've been doing fine I guess..." Riku scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry for all the trouble I've caused you... I'll make sure I'll repay your kindness one day!"

"Hmm... repaying me huh..." an idea sparked in Otoharu's head. "Well then... I'll take you up on the offer..."

"...?" Riku suddenly got a bad feeling as he watched Otoharu smile mischievously.