Ch 12

A few weeks had passed since Crimson appeared and now he was invited to a ball along with IDOLiSH7, TRIGGER,Re:Vale, and ZOOL. Where is the ball held you may ask? Well, it's at the Crystal Palace of course. Mitsuki and Tamaki screamed hearing the news. They couldn't believe they'll get to go there.

This event will help them gain connections to a lot of other people, so they weren't going to let this chance pass by.

Riku was extremely excited as it was his first time entering the palace without intruding ever since the incident years ago. It is a chance for him to investigate a little more.

However, it came with a catch. Even in such well guarded place, spies and assassins could still be lurking around. Although ZOOL will also be attending, Riku still knew that he has to keep his guard up in case of any danger towards him and any of the other guests.

At last, the day came and guests entered the palace. Even though Riku's manager is technically Banri, he attended alone as he has yet to announce to public which company he is with.

After successfully making sure that there wasn't any planted bombs around the place, Riku slipped in causing him to be later than the other guests. He wasn't worried of getting lost as everything seems to stayed the same after all the years. He too once live in the palace. While walking down the familiar hallway, he stopped in front of a large painting of someone.

"...mother..." words accidentally escaped his mouth. A beautiful painting of the late queen hug from the wall. "I miss you so much... I'm finally back here after all these years..."

He reached out his hands to touch the golden frames until he heard someone else's voice.

"Who do you miss?"

Riku turned his head and was flabbergasted to see none other than Re:Vale's Yuki. He was glad that it wasn't Tenn though.

"Erm..! I think you just miss heard me, Yuki-san!" Riku nervously replied. "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at the ballroom now?"

"*sigh* I wish I was." Yuki huffed. "Momo got so excited he ran off without me... so I got lost. All this walking had made me exhausted..."

"I see! I was also on my way there! Let's head there together." Riku quickly lead Yuki away before he asked more questions.

The two arrived at their destination in a matter of minutes. Maybe even too quickly for it to have not been suspicious to the sharp, older idol. Yuki watched Riku navigate the place like it was nothing, but kept his silence.

"Oh! Rikkun and Yukirin!" Tamaki waved his hands in the air and called out to them.

"Waa! I was so scared that you got into trouble, darling!" Momo ran up to Yuki and hugged him, sobbing. "I'm sorry I ran off by myself... I got to distracted..."

"There, there. I still arrived back in once piece, didn't I?" Yuki patted Mimi's head comforting him.

Momo look up to see Yuki's face to see if he was sincere or just sarcastic. Their eyes meet and Yuki flashed his partner as smile.

"Kyaa! Yuki ikemen!" Momo squaled, totally forgetting that he was depressed just a moment ago.

The others watched the two's comedy act and laughed awkwardly.

***

"I better get going now..."

Tenn finished changing into his tuxedo with the extra accessories and such. He shouldn't keep the guest and the rest of TRIGGER waiting for much longer.

Just before leaving the room, Tenn noticed a book on the shelf a little out of place. Being the perfectionist that he is, he went over and put it back to place thinking that it was going to be a quick task.