chapter 3

It has been 5 days since christmas. There are 2 days left until school starts again and It's the 3rd day into the new year. I can't stop thinking about Simon. I can't stop thinking about how happy he made me. I keep checking his social media's to see how he's doing but he isn't too active.

I start going through my contacts, in attempt to build up the courage to call Simon. I tap on his contact. As i'm about to press call my mother knocks on my door and proceeds to come in.
"dinner is ready!"

I slip my phone into my pocket and head down stairs and start thinking to myself. I will finally tell them. Today is the day I come out to my parents.

We sit down and I don't know how to start.

"Mother, Father... I have something to say"
Mother finishes chewing and Father puts down his fork "yes son, what is it?" they both say.

"So you all know Simon right..?" "of course you do, dumb question. sorry" "well...." I pause

"what is it son?" my mother spits out

my father is just looking at me with no emotion.

"well you see... I really like him. A lot. And I think i'm gay. I know i'm gay" I explain

my father looks disgusted.
my mother looks like she is about to yell at the top of her lungs but she stays quiet.

"well?! say something!" I yell
"what do you want us to say?" exclaims my mother
"i want you to say that you love me and accept me but with the look on fathers face right now, I doubt it's true."

My father puts down his fork and leaves the table. Mother is disappointed in my father and tries to talk to me.

"why can't you just love a girl? Instead you run off with some boy and get your sex tape leaked!" "for Gods sake you are the crown prince!"

"I knew it mother. All you care about is YOUR reputation, you could give a shit about my life! I didn't ask to be the prince! I didn't ask for Erik to be dead! ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS YOURSELF! I love simon, and nothing you can ever do or say will change that, one way or another I will be with him and I don't give a DAMN what you want. I will one way or another tell the truth to the world about myself" mother looks at me in disgust as if she is going to spit fire out of her mouth and raise hell.

I though to myself, wow. I just did that. I JUST DID THAT!