Laa-Laa/Guardian

Guardian found himself wandering away from his 'better' awakening. He thought about what Noo-Noo said about the infected feeling nothing. But it sounded like a lie now, since he still felt strongly. Regret about his choice and the gross black tears wetting his pale cheeks.

He faintly justified his actions with knowing he could not take on Noo-Noo, who know how much longer he could hold that chainsaw. He was too weak to do so.

His shoulders slump with his cowardly thoughts, his feet hurt right when he noticed the area he had stepped into.

Guardian recognized this place as where he left Laa-Laa, she obviously wasn't there anymore. He remembers the two options Laa-Laa offered to him.

Run away or kill her.

He couldn't stand the thought of killing her.

He's such a goddamn coward.

Guardian sighs and sits down, burying his face into his knees. What should he do now?

His ears perk up when he hears footsteps coming toward him. He only spoke once they stopped in front of him.

"...Hello?"

"...I see, you failed in getting help."

Laa-Laa?

Why did her voice sound so far up? She was shorter than him...

Guardian lifts his gaze.

Oh.

The infection must have made her a bit disturbingly taller.

"Um, that obvious?" He honestly is a bit worried she's angry at him.

(In his defense the last time she was angry, she almost strangled him.)

"Well, you came back, that tells me enough."

"U-Uh...well...what is it like being that tall?" He awkwardly attempts to change the subject.

"...Not as great you'd think, the process was painful." She sighs, her long fingers combing through her fur.

Guardian's eyes widened, he tilted his head back but he couldn't really see her face still.

"Back to the matter at hand, if you came back..." Laa-Laa moves to her knees and gingerly touches his face.

He freezes, his face beginning to burn into a blush. He's never really experienced this kind of touch. He really hopes she doesn't feel how hot it became.

She then pulls her hand away, Guardian then realizes she had wiped some of the black sticky liquid.

"Hmm, you surrendered."

He felt more shame than he had before.

"I-I...uh...um...Noo-Noo...I was...I couldn't..."

"Noo-Noo? What does he have to do with this?"

That's right. Laa-Laa didn't know.

"H-he...created the infection." Guardian felt his chest tighten with regret.

"Of course he did." She surprisingly wasn't shocked.

"Y...You don't sound surprised at all."

"Noo-Noo...was a strange robot." She folds her arms, he's observed them for so long he knew she narrowed her green eyes. "There's been times I've been suspicious of what his true intentions are."

She had stood back up.

"Like what?"

Guardian's curiosity peaked despite knowing he didn't deserve to know.

"Like...Tinky's reactions near that robot." She frowns, maybe a sad one?

Guardian thought about her words. He does remember Tinky Winky would get a bit nervous and jumpy around Noo-Noo. And fall silent.

"After some point, he became almost scared whenever he came near, he began to get uneasy if anyone was behind him."

Guardian stares at the ground quietly.

"And Noo-Noo was just odd in general." ... "Did you ever see Po? I haven't seen her."

The white tubby winces, "...She's working close by Noo-Noo's side."

Laa Laa huffs. "He always has favored Po over the three of us." She obviously sounded a bit angry.

Guardian's stomach either hurt from lack of food or the sickening guilt.

"I'm sorry Laa-Laa, in the end, I couldn't help anyone." The black tears dripped down his face. "You probably would have done a better job than I did."

"Not really fond of the idea of sitting all day staring at some screens but I get what you mean." At least there was humor in her voice. "I really need some background noise, I'm going to go make a fire."

She walks off, to the place he had found her. "You can help if you want, and I'm just honestly cold."

He asked another question while carrying flammable things for the fire. "Noo-Noo told me the infected don't feel emotions, but how are we communicating like this if that's true?"

"Liar vacuuming tubby cleaner." Laa-Laa simply answered.

"...But..."

Tinky Winky...he was infected but still killed his friends.

Po was emotional as a robot.

"Some tubbies might just be different." Her voice was quiet this time.

He stared into it. Laa-Laa looked a bit odd sitting down in her new form.

What do we do now?

"What are you going to do now?" By instinct looking for instructions.

"Well, for now, I'm going to rest then in the morning I'm going to track down Noo-Noo."

Like before Laa Laa was not asking, it was implied she expected him to go find the robot with her.

Well, he had nothing else to do.

I think the idea bloomed from a chapter I saw on a fanfic. This originally had Laa Laa blind but I discovered in this timeline Laa Laa actually doesn't go blind.

I'm a bit of a slow writer so if you requested something, I ask you to be patient.