Water Gun Exercise

Anne cracked her back and sat up in her bed. She only noticed the note on her night table when she dressed into her usual outfit.

Grab your water gun outside your doorstep and wait in the training grounds, I will explain the training exercise there.

What?

Indeed outside, there's a water gun. She raised her eyebrow but orders are orders. With a bit of hesitation, she strapped it where she'd usually put her usual weapon.

Anne shuts and locks the door before heading to the directed location. Finn was already there before her, no surprise there.

"Finn? What is Richard planning this time?" Anne stands next to him, looking at the water gun again.

He sighs in response, "Something stupid."

Everyone else slowly arrived, equally looking confused, Conor just looked awkward as he felt the 'gun'.

He did know how to use one, he simply preferred to fight with his katakana.

Dutch suddenly started hissing and cursing under his breath after a squirt of water hit him in the eye. It really burned!

"Be more on guard Dutch!" Richard's voice scolds his lack of defense.

"My note said to leave my helmet!" The soldier attempted to defend himself with words.

"You need other ways to defend yourself!" He spins his water gun.

"Captain, what is the exercise?" Anne sighs.

"WE are going to fight with water guns."

"...Why?" She answered slowly.

Richard rolls his eyes with his own sigh. "ANNE. What if our base is overrun by enemies wielding water guns and fire us down?"

"But why would anyone do that-" Anne quickly ducks as Richard fires.

"Enough questions!"

"Am I allowed to shoot you captain?" Dutch winces, covering his eye.

"No, you weren't even permitted to talk."

"Dutch?!" Miles screamed, barely dodging the spray of water.

"Sorry Miles, but its either Richard or you!"

Anne took a deep breath and tried to pretend this was an actual gun instead of a toy.

Panic gripped the training grounds when Anne began taking 'fire'. Soldiers screamed and Finn took cover with Conor.

"Sometimes I question how I got here to be honest." Conor admitted, peeking to make sure Anne couldn't see them.

"Welcome to my world." Finn sighed, feeling a bit silly holding a child's toy full of pepper water.

Somewhere else Miles and Dutch screamed.

"Lucky we're not these teletubbies." Conor stated, Finn silently agreed with him.

It's embarrassing they hid the whole time, but as fights go, if the enemy is Anne, wait for her ammo to run out.

In the end of things, a lot of teletubbies had to go to the medical wing. Gary wasn't amused or pleased in the slightest.

"My poor charming eyes!" Dutch whined repeatedly, much to the doctor's irritation.

"Dutch, shut the fuck up or I will give you something to whine about."

The soldier pouts but mostly quiets down.

For three weeks Miles gave Richard glares and avoided him.

It was sweet payback as Richard whined about Miles ignoring him.