It was a lie Part 2

Conor narrows his eyes from the table he was strapped to. It was rare to see him express an intense emotion like this.

"Really, you brought Miles in here?"

Richard had a semi tight grip on Miles's arm, "Well, Anne's transformation was complete so I suppose Finn panicked and wanted him out of danger."

Conor tensed.

The captain smiles, "I couldn't say no to that."

The Sargent tries to pull away, towards the exit.

But Richard doesn't let him escape, "Come on Miles, aren't you curious how better Conor will be?"

"No!" He glares at him.

Richard's smile falls and he studies the green teletubby for a couple of seconds.

"I'm sure you'll come around eventually." Richard walks over to a crate which has a small cage on it.

He opens it and takes the creature out. The rat squirmed to escape Richard's hold. He focuses on the bowl of the pink slime and to Conor's horror he dunked the poor rat into it.

"What are you doing?!" He struggles to free himself.

Richard luckily only did this for a few seconds, but the rat obviously didn't appreciate it at all. He pulls a lighter out of his pocket.

Miles struggled to control his breathing as he tried the door, his desire to escape battling against his concern for Conor. But the lock was too high.

He freezes when he hears Conor scream. In pure horror and pain.

Miles dared to turn around and wished he didn't. The rat was on fire and currently digging into the silver fur. If this continued soon it would get past Conor's skin.

"YOU ARE KIRIDAMN INSANE!" Miles shouted, but this time Richard didn't even acknowledge him.

Conor strained to get out of the restraints, his muscles clenching as he began to panic. This is the first time in his life he's felt this emotion.

His screams hammered against Miles's head making him shake violently.

A dull thump makes him slowly uncover his ears and open his eyes.

Conor's head had fallen back and all his limbs had gone limp.

How many hours has it been?

Miles had lost count, trying to block out the screaming. He's frozen from the shock and horror.

Richard looks at his wrist despite not owning a watch and stamping his foot.

Finally Conor's body twitches then he turns his head to look at them.

Miles wanted to vomit upon seeing his best friend's black eyes.

"I hope you're good at running Miles." Richard unlocks and opens the door.

While the green soldier was still in shock, Conor broke the straps holding him and stumbled onto his feet.

Miles books it, he didn't hear Conor scream or anything but he could hear him chasing him. He turns a corner and hides.

Conor slowly creeps by, stopping to hold his back. Miles held back the urge to vomit when he noticed a bulge on his back.It grew bigger. He clenches his eyes shut when he hears an empty scream and something popping out.

He dares to peek, he regrets being born in this generation. There was a massive hole on his back and now a huge rat was beside Conor, the sight of his exposed spine will probably haunt Miles for life.

It also seemed like Conor's fur on his long tail was beginning to fall off.

His legs run again when the pet rat notices him.