Chapter Nine: Dueling Club

Y/N POV

A week later, we all went to this dueling club that Seamus mentioned in the Great Hall, I was actually pretty excited about it. I know a good few of spells from Grandpa Abe and pretty much knew how to use them when a threat arises. I just wanted to see how a professional would duel.

"I wonder who'll be teaching us?" Hermione asked as we were walking down the halls towards the dueling club.

"Hopefully Professor Flitwick." I said "I've read, he was a dueling champion when he was young — maybe it'll be him."

"Hopefully, I don't know who else would be better for it." Aria said

"Yeah, as long as it isn't-" Harry began, but he ended on a groan.

On the stage we saw Lockhart strutting atop it and accompanied by none other than Snape. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Aria and I as well as a good number of other students watch as we entered the crowded Great Hall.

Lockhart waved an arm for silence and called, "Gather round, gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me?"

"Unfortunately, yes, we can." Aria muttered as we all snickered.

"Excellent!" He exclaimed

"Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club, to train you all in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions — for full details, see my published works." He ended with a smirk

"Bloody hell, is this some kind of advertisement for his books?" Ron said in disgust

"I think so..." Harry said as he watched the egotistical git.

Gildick then took off the cape he had on one of his shoulders and threw it onto the crowd, with girls tugging at the cape.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape." He motioned towards the end of the stage.

When I looked over at uncle, I could feel his emotion from afar and he was not amused in the slightest to be under Lockhart's rules. He kept a straight face while Lockhart was being egotistic as usual, but I could tell uncle was not happy, more annoyed really.

"He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any of you youngsters to worry — you'll still have your Potions master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

Uncle then slowly looked at me and said "Y/N, would you like to use this time to train your Legilimency?"

"How do you mean, uncle?" I asked and tilted my head with my expressionless face.