Chapter Eight: The Apology

Hermione POV

"RON, WAKE UP!" Someone yelled out

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I woke as suddenly as though I'd been hit in the face. disoriented in the total darkness, I fumbled with my hangings — I could hear movements around me, and Parvati Patil's voice from the other side of the room: "What's going on?"

We were all out of bed; Harry reached the dormitory door first, and they sprinted back down the staircase. Doors opened behind them, and sleepy voices called after them.

Along with everyone else, we ran over to the common room, where Ron was yelling bloody murder and Harry being startled.

"Who shouted?"

"What're you doing?"

The common room was lit with the glow of the dying fire, still littered with the debris from the party. I brought Crookshanks with me, who was in my arms and I began stroking her fur.

 I brought Crookshanks with me, who was in my arms and I began stroking her fur

"Hold on where's Y/N?" I thought to myself as I looked through the crowd and couldn't seem to find any signs of him.

"Are you sure you weren't dreaming, Ron?"

"I'm telling you, I saw him!"

"What's all the noise?"

"Professor McGonagall told us to go to bed!"

It doesn't take long for the common room to be filled with students, curious as to what all the commotion is about. The boys are the first to file in, followed by the girls, who are dressed only in their pajamas and gowns.

"Excellent, are we carrying on?" Fred Weasley said brightly.

"Everyone back upstairs!" Percy said, hurrying into the common room and pinning his Head Boy badge to his pajamas as he spoke.

"Perce — Sirius Black!" Ron faintly said. "In our dormitory! With a knife!"

The common room went very still.

"Nonsense!" Percy said, looking startled. "You had too much to eat, Ron — had a nightmare —"