Chapter Fourteen: The Talk

Y/N POV

When the second task ended, knowing full well I kept my position in first place with Cedric, I was walking back to Hogwarts Castle, still wearing my sopping wet dark red tank top and black swimming trunks.

"Did you juzt...?" Their friends asked in both shock and bewilderment.

"I don't know... it waz a forze ov havit."

Going by student after student, a wet trail leaving behind me, they all gave me noticeable weird looks, whispering to one another as they cupped their mouths.

"It's him..."

"Does he seem different to you?"

"What is with that smile of his?"

"My question is why is he still wet?"

As they continued to whisper amongst themselves, it was not a problem for me to hear what they were saying because of Legilimency.

However, those were not the only things that I could hear from them. The girls on the other hand has something different in mind.

"Look at him... still handsome as ever."

"Didn't you see his body?"

"I know right? I am so glad that his tank top is sticking to him rather tightly."

"I am so glad that Granger messed up her chance in having him."

This caused me to stop dead on my tracks as slowly I looked over my shoulder to see Lavender Brown letting out a shrill of giggles. Parvati Patil, who was beside her nudges her hard on her side, seeing that I was looking at their direction, her face working furiously as she too fights not to giggle.

"What do they mean by that?" I thought, my eyes glowing dark red while retaining my smile.

"That Skeeter may be a prat, but she does give great information when it's needed." Lavender continued and this time, Parvati couldn't help but laugh.

"Are they talking about..." I trailed off as a memory flashed before my mind.

The night when everything changed.

At that moment, I was about to confront them, wanting to know if what I was thinking is the same thing they had in mind, when suddenly...

"Y/N!" A voice yelled out, grabbing my attention to look behind me to see Luna, Ginny and Neville approaching at my direction.

"Oh, hey guys!" I said in unnatural joy, waving my hands energetically, which caused everyone around, Hogwarts, Durmstrang, along with Beauxbaton students to gawk at me in complete and utter shock.