Chapter 4- Honesty (Ava)

A/N-

Hey everyone! I hope that you're all having a good Easter break! Revising and doing homework seems to be all I ever do at the moment but I still try to have some time for myself.

Anyone else revising for exams? I hope that you'll all do well in them when they come up!

Enjoy the chapter and the rest of your holidays! :)

Chapter 4 (Ava)

The sun was setting, casting a dim orange glow over the garden of the Burrow as I lay on the grass with Fred, staring up at the clouds.

He had spent his day doing tasks for the Order with George, and had only returned an hour ago. So, to get away from the melancholy mood of the house following Mad-Eye’s death, we had chosen to spend the rest of the afternoon in the garden.

My fingers were intertwined with Fred’s in the grass, and as we pointed out the different clouds and tried to relate them to particular objects or animals, my thoughts flickered to when I used to hold hands with Draco under the table in the Great Hall or in the Slytherin common room.

No.

I didn’t want to think about the last year. There were still things that I hadn’t told Fred about, and it made me want to curl up away from everyone else.

But, as Fred told me about how he used to trick Ron that he could make the clouds look like anything he wanted them to, the guilt of not telling Fred things was eating away at me. I had promised myself that I would be honest with him. Why was I lying to him?

“You should have seen the look on Ron’s face a couple of years ago when I finally admitted that I’d been lying. He was so angry.” Fred laughed to himself, but I didn’t laugh with him.

I sat up, and looked down at his grinning face, pulling my hand away from his gently.

“I kissed Draco. Last year.” I muttered suddenly, avoiding eye contact with Fred.

“What?” He sat up, the smile falling off of his face as quickly as it had appeared. “That snivelling git?”

I nodded silently.

“It- it doesn’t matter. We weren’t even talking last- How many times?” He was gripping his hands tightly, and I felt even more guilty.

“Twice. And I know it doesn’t matter, I- I just wanted to tell you because I promised myself that I would be completely honest with you.” I whispered.

“Do you have feelings for him?” Fred suddenly spoke, looking at me with a serious expression.

I glanced down at the grass for a moment as I pulled clumps of it out with my hands.

“Ava! Fred! Dinner’s ready!” Mrs. Weasley called from the door.